PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS Needs You!! Web Master Required.

tuckstar

Thanks for all your work over the years, will miss this forum but sorted out on WhatsApp now.

Thanks again...

Ron

I just need to make it clear that the WhatsApp group titled East Midlands Stargazers observing group is, to all intense purposes, a private group and not a public forum. And is a seperate entity to East Midlands Stargazers which, as you all now know, will cease to exist as of the 6th of October to allow or all of the private data to be purged manually so nothing will be left to chance.

I'll post further info regarding ems here and info for the group in the announcements on whatsapp.

2 hours ago, tuckstar said:

I just need to make it clear that the WhatsApp group titled East Midlands Stargazers observing group is, to all intense purposes, a private group and not a public forum..

So is it possible for members of the general public to find the group (or is the correct term community?) and apply to join or will the members be limited to just those who have signed up before the EMS website closes?

Members are welcome to recommend new members and once we have rejigged the Facebook page to be for this group, or a new one created, that would be the funneling point. I don't think its possible to have a community open like that, I might be wrong, but we don't want just anyone walking in. 

I must stress this is just me facilitating people being able to stay in touch, I'm not trying to recreate this forum.

Some will start to see darksite refunds. These have been worked out pro rata up to the end of September. 

I am working a few things so more info to come. And again, please all bear with us, its been tough sorting through everything.

• Like 3

• Craig unfeatured this topic