PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Thats slow I ordered one after you posted and it arrived Sunday  :pirate:  :clap2:

These 0.45x lenses are very fast.

Ordered mine yesterday and it came last week!!! :o

Not purchases but a couple of acquisitions care of the big red suited man!

10885272_10152912017243917_6772820394440

10393914_10152912017318917_7101040041731

Genuine signature, quite shocked to have received this actually

10801583_10152912017428917_2441480456693

10868230_10152912017498917_6600268758816

Surprised by this too!

Santa obviously doesn't know what I've been up to! :lol:

• Like 2

Things I seem to have acquired over the past week...

> Hitecastro 4 Channel Dew Controller.

> 2 x Kendrick Dew Heater Bands.

> Lindy USB Active Extension System Pro (that's Pro ... not just yer everyday cabl:lol:  ) - 20m usb extension + 4 port hub (option to extend upto 56m!)

> Philips Astrophotography with Mark Thompson

> Astronomy Now's  'Shooting Stars' astro imaging and processing guide by Nik Symanec

Oh .... And saw these in my local Aldi for £4.99 so had to give them a try .......

20141230_163149.jpg20141230_163213.jpg

Neoprene 'fishing gloves' - Seem very warm.  Just tried using HEQ5 handset, DSLR, Phone, Laptop etc and all very easy.

Now if only there was some cold weather around so I could really try them out  :brr:

Al

Very nice Steven :thumbsup:

You ought to start a thread to show off your obsy and equipment, unless you already have and I've missed it. If so please give me a link to it.

Just bought a nice new, well 13 year old, secondhand book, that so far is proving a delightful read and was less than a fiver on Amazon :)

"The Turtle and the Stars - Observations of an Earthbound Astronomer" by Arthur Upgren, senior research scientist at Yale University Astronomy Dept., among other professorships.

Starts with an introduction entitled, "Dark Skies: A right, Not a Privilege", which sets the tone for his views of the wonders of the universe in this fairly nontechnical book.

I found this book while searching for information on his asterism, Upgren 1, in Canes Venatici, which in itself makes an interesting read. Google it, and get your bins or scope on this dying open cluster, which is easy to find like a little jewel box in a relatively barren region of sky.

Very nice Felix :)

If you want to give it a spin I just happen to have an az/eq6 we could try it out on.....

Have a look at these threads, to keep costs down we would prefer it if people hosted their pictures off the forum, using Flicker, dropbox, photo bucket etc, some guides here.....

Dropbox.

http://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/topic/9294-how-to-share-images-from-dropbox/

Flicker.

http://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/topic/7354-how-to-share-images-from-flickr/

I will work on a photobucket one at some point also.

Edited by Daz Type-R