PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

T Tucks.

Go to your dropbox folder on the web.

Right click on the image you want to post.

Click on copy link.

Copy link fom the box that appears.

Go to your post and left click on the little picture icon.

Paste your dropbox link in the box.

Your image should now appear in your post. :rolleyes:

Edited by Graham

Guest T_Tucks

Screen%20Shot%202015-01-12%20at%2021.39.Screen%20Shot%202015-01-12%20at%2022.16.

T Tucks.

Go to your dropbox folder on the web.

Right click on the image you want to post.

Click on copy link.

Copy link fom the box that appears.

Go to your post and left click on the little picture icon.

Paste your dropbox link in the box.

Your image should now appear in your post. :rolleyes:

Thanks Graham, but that's what I did in the post above which gave me the question mark of doom logo!

At least it wasn't me being stupid for a change...

Guest T_Tucks

Screen%20Shot%202015-01-12%20at%2021.39.Screen%20Shot%202015-01-12%20at%2022.16.

Well that was harder than I'd expected. Thanks Tweedledee. Putting the pictures in the public folder on Dropbox fixed the problem!

Wow - that looks like a great setup Tim - congrats on your new scope and glad I was able to help a bit.

The Hyperion set is very nice too - I also have the 8, 17, and zoom - can't go wrong with them. :)

Sorry i assumed you already had them in the public folder.

Nice set up.

Edited by Graham

Guest T_Tucks

You were a great help Kim. 

Now all I need is some clear weather. I tried to dodge the low cloud last night but then it started to rain/snow :(

Is that the Revell kit Mike? I remember building one in the 70s. Get the LEM next to make the set.

It is yes Phil. I am thinking Saturn 1B next, Shuttle and ISS, all in 1:144. I may consider the Vostok and there are numerous resin kits about that I quite fancy too. No idea where they are all going to go mind you :lol:

I recently started doing the airfix saturn v skylab. My advice is to double check the paint schemes. The airfix one was wrong and has lead to mine needing to be repainted and hence not quite finished as it took all my enthusiasm away. I will get round to finishing properly as it's a great model, it also included the luna module and lander as it's obviously the same kit with different box and instructions. but at the moment it sits in the boys room out of reach.

Skylab is on my list too Andy. I have seen quite a few internet things about colours etc so I will be checking before I do too much. Also I see there are a few aftermarket kits to super detail them too. I might have a look at those, or possibly have a go myself. I used to do a bit of scratch building once upon a time.

Perhaps we should start a thread for this sort of thing in the coffee shop at some point.......

Great stuff Mike :)

I too built the that and the LEM, also in the 70's Phil. Think mine was Airfix.

+1, probably the most useful star atlas out there, simply down to the amount of info and it's practicality. It also doesn't stress the wallet either.

What with moving house, lots of work and a wobbly old cg5 mount I haven't been observing for a while.  So have bought an ioptron Zeq25gt from Altair.  First impressions on opening the box are a very solid, well built piece of kit.  It as renewed my enthusiasm and can't wait to use it.   

What with moving house, lots of work and a wobbly old cg5 mount I haven't been observing for a while. So have bought an ioptron Zeq25gt from Altair. First impressions on opening the box are a very solid, well built piece of kit. It as renewed my enthusiasm and can't wait to use it.

Nice one Dougie :)