PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Another Televue 24mm Panoptic.

Decent saving from Astrofest.

This completes my binoviewing eyepiece set.  (24mm & 19mm Pans, 13mm Naglers.

16558221636_cd63f91af8_n.jpg24Pans by rob.0919, on Flickr

One last thing........

Baader Planetarium (cool ceramic safety) Herschel Solar Wedge. Photographic version. (Comes with 3 extra 2" ND filters) The ND3 and Solar Continuum are fitted as standard.

16584277395_1d232c28fa_n.jpgHerschel solar wedge by rob.0919, on 16584277405_0228b79a47_n.jpgHerschel solar wedge by rob.0919, on 15962123354_2dcf7a0a30_n.jpgHerschel solar wedge by rob.0919, on Flickr

those 24mm Panoptic eyepiecs are lovely,

Thanks Rob. 

Got them for the Mk V. They'll be my low power work horses hopefully (38.5x mag)

They are quite a bit chunkier than the 19s, which are my favourite eyepieces.

They are not a matched pair as such. I got the other 24Pan off eBay in December for £139 !! It was mint, only 2 years old and unmarked. Couldn't pass it by, and i was the only bidder !

I tested them together in daylight the other day, and didn't detect any differences. Televues quality control is pretty good i guess..... :)

You are getting some really nice kit together Rob, I'll bet you can't wait for a good night, or day!

I would imagine the quality of the TV's is that good, my eye;s wouldn't be able to see any difference. You need Eagle eyed Eddy to have a look, his eye's have remarkable resolution. 

• Like 1

Guest T A WOW

Getting on the solar band wagon.

A bit basic but bought a white light baader astro zap solar filter for my newt.

Best be flaming clear!!!!!

Getting on the solar band wagon.

A bit basic but bought a white light baader astro zap solar filter for my newt.

Best be flaming clear!!!!!

Nice one, keep an eye on http://www.spaceweather.com which has some awesome info on solar activity, it also names all the sunspots and gives a live feed, so you can check there prior to setting up.

I was so close to buying one Kim you wouldn't believe it, had a good talk with flo but then I thought about a atik one which atik were selling at the astrofest show with lrgb filters for a couple of hundred quid more than a atik 460.

Started to make my head hurt, I think the 460 would have suited my imaging scope better with the smaller pixels, but galaxy season will soon be here and most will fit the 414 chip well and I think I need the bigger pixels to grab as many photons as possible in my slightly light polluted area.

Very impressed with it so far in the ha channel.

Nick got a lovely deal on a atik 383L at the show also.

High Resolution Astrophotography Part 1 DVD by Damian Peach

High Resolution Astrophotography Part 1 DVD by Damian Peach

Sounds about right with your kit Felix :thumbsup:

Part 2 ?? :)

Intriguing that it's called part 1 as its only recently released so makes me hope there is a part two [emoji4]

Canon 6D plus 70-200 f2.8 and 1.4 converter. Hope to expand my photography interest as well :-)

Canon 6D plus 70-200 f2.8 and 1.4 converter. Hope to expand my photography interest as well :-)

• Like 1

Likewise Tom !

My first FF camera, but i've gone down the Sony route : an A7S.  I'm really excited about this camera.

Had to sell a load of stuff to fund this, all my Fuji kit, and a few astro bits too.

No plans for a telephoto as yet. Going for a 24-70 as my 'walk-about' lens, (arrives tomorrow)

but also hope to invest in a nice wide-angle prime for astrophotography.

16539433569_1302c475bd_n.jpgA7S by rob.0919, on Flickr

Berlebach spreader bars

Nice reads Pete, I can recommend The History of the Telescope by Henry C King, its out of print now but can still be found on fleabay and amazone from time to time. Very comprehensive and a great reference source

• Like 1

Got a bargain here...... Hoya Pro 1 digital protector filter. 

£12.50 on eBay. As new, still sealed in its box. (a new one cost around 3 times as much)

Its now residing on my new camera lens (24-70 F4)

16607081649_4c9c0d57e9_m.jpgUntitled by rob.0919, on 16607081599_5b8cd39a62_m.jpgUntitled by rob.0919, on Flickr

2" Prime focus adapter for Sony E mount full frame.

Threaded for 2" filters, and they've sent one along with it. Its a 48mm U/V

Nothing like this in the UK. Got this from CNC supply, telescope adapters (Cape Coral, Florida US)

Arrived in 10 days. I'm all set for the eclipse now next Friday  :telescope:

16615754479_d2370bfe8e_m.jpgPrime focus adapter by rob.0919, on 16179545394_d1a7dcf951_m.jpgPrime focus adapter by rob.0919, on 16801866465_8b018d9df2_m.jpgPrime focus adapter by rob.0919, on Flickr