PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Wow! Mount jealousy ahoy! Nice one Sheila, you have such amazing setups [emoji106]

Treated myself to a pair of Swarvoski EL Swarovision 10x50 mainly for bird watching but am going to make myself a mount for stargazing .

Believe when I say the image quality is astounding.

q1ves4.jpg

Believe when I say the image quality is astounding.

q1ves4.jpg

I believe you. Nice one Mick :)

Have decided to get rid of the dob once again and have bought a triplet refractor mainly for planets, binary stars and eventually Herschel wedge. I wanted a grab and go set up so a big EQ mount is out the question, so I've bought the following:

hpU5QB.jpg

vWuHKJ.jpg

Daz I do this from time to time, I get bored with the dob and want something else, I done it with the 16" and now the 12", I'll be back one day I'm sure.

This will get me back observing again which is a good thing.

• Like 3

nice scope Mick, tempted with the esprit 100 myself.

let us know how you get on with it please.

Mick, you need a nice 3" ultra wide angle eyepiece to put in that 3" focuser :)

:lol:  I thought of that already.

I really like the new William Optics XWA range. They make a 3.5mm 110°, 5mm 110°, 9mm 101°, and a 20mm 100°. I think they will go well with my UWAN collection.

nice scope Mick, tempted with the esprit 100 myself.

let us know how you get on with it please.

Will do Rob.

Not to be outdone by Sheilas mount, here's my new one :D

Mount.jpg

and I got a filter

clipfilter.jpg

The EQ1 experimental rig did what I wanted, tested the principle so Ive upgraded now

Edited by philjay

Have decided to get rid of the dob once again and have bought a triplet refractor mainly for planets, binary stars and eventually Herschel wedge. I wanted a grab and go set up so a big EQ mount is out the question, so I've bought the following:

hpU5QB.jpg

vWuHKJ.jpg

Top Job Mick well done. Lovely scopes those and this set up will be far more manageable

• Like 1

:lol:  I thought of that already.

I really like the new William Optics XWA range. They make a 3.5mm 110°, 5mm 110°, 9mm 101°, and a 20mm 100°. I think they will go well with my UWAN collection.

I'm thinking of completing my eyepiece collection with the 5mm 110° :)

There is not many reviews of these, I've seen a few on the Myriads, which they say are the same.

The 5mm should be a good addition to your collection.

There is not many reviews of these, I've seen a few on the Myriads, which they say are the same.

The 5mm should be a good addition to your collection.

Yes, the big 5mm does seem like a logical progression for me :)

Before reading your post, I hadn't realised WO did one.

I'd been looking at the SW Myriad and Teleskop Service version. They do all look identical apart from the names.

Just a Baader 2" UV/IR cut filter  (to be used with the Quark when it eventually arrives).

It should also give a much needed boost when solar imaging in white light with a Baader solar continuum filter.

Al

• 4 weeks later...

I recently bought a Nikon D3200 DSLR. I was going for a dedicated astro-imager but, as I'm finding out, I don't have so much time now I have a new job, except for weekends. It is usually still light when I go to bed, as I start early.

Finally arrived from FLO that price drop has wiped out stocks, so Martin at FLO  told me but hot from Portugal yesterday and with the forecast of cloud rain for at least the next 2 weeks 

My Atik 460EX mono

17251170012_52dca8e8e2_c.jpgAtik 460EX by ayounghares, on Flickr

17251169962_c49af71215_c.jpgAtik 460EX by ayounghares, on Flickr

17066709189_6fb00bae56_c.jpgAtik 460EX by ayounghares, on Flickr

17065155088_783dd9d88f_c.jpgAtik 460EX by ayounghares, on Flickr

• Like 2