PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

1 hour ago, Stu said:

large.Screenshot_20240620_140027_Gallery.jpg.5e01a6039d230cf03090714f4fcd198d.jpg

A very reasonably priced set of 2nd hand filters for my imaginary camera and filter wheel

Imaginary camers Stu?

1 hour ago, Glafnazur said:

Imaginary camers Stu?

Saving up for a mono

• 4 weeks later...

tmTcqTWl.jpg

Slightly battered 8mm TV Plossl box.

0ZOTHpil.jpg

I now have a bino pair of 8mm Plossls. I can actually merge them!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been eyeing these up but didn't fancy spending best part of £90, then one popped up on the bay 😁 800g lighter than my losmandy bar so offsets the filter wheel nicely

large.Screenshot_20240731_123833_Gallery.jpg.6de5461f41b5ad68a4ba3fba52d703a4.jpg

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Been eyeing these up but didn't fancy spending best part of £90, then one popped up on the bay 😁 800g lighter than my losmandy bar so offsets the filter wheel nicely

large.Screenshot_20240731_123833_Gallery.jpg.6de5461f41b5ad68a4ba3fba52d703a4.jpg

I bough one off Aliexpress recently think it was about £30 not sure if weight though the underside is milled out though 

On 09/04/2024 at 18:10, Bottletopburly said:

Postman came from china today  , losmondy style dovetail £27 300mm large.IMG_4887.jpeg.073d3ee8a8cc739f2aa20968d9033a17.jpeg

@Stu 

18 minutes ago, Stu said:

@Bottletopburly I keep looking at Ali express. Do you pay tax when it arrives? 

No all done at checkout 

22 minutes ago, Bottletopburly said:

No all done at checkout 

In that case I'll be looking more 👍

• 2 weeks later...

16.1” hp invictus i5 processor gaming laptop , dedicated graphics card 6gb and 16gb ram wasn’t intentional to buy but clocked it on John Lewis clearance shelf there were two both grade A , this one was customer return , checked no marks now they should retail at £800 checked on HP and still sell this model this one marked at £489 ,  usb ports 5gb sec so USB 3 spec and a usb C  port so no problem running a planetary camera and high resolution screen so just the job for image processing , will pick up a 1TB ssd external drive for extra storage  .large.IMG_5226.jpeg.f9e1e71a19e6969d27acd8a46899bca0.jpeg

3 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

16.1” hp invictus i5 processor gaming laptop , dedicated graphics card 6gb and 16gb ram wasn’t intentional to buy but clocked it on John Lewis clearance shelf there were two both grade A , this one was customer return , checked no marks now they should retail at £800 checked on HP and still sell this model this one marked at £489 ,  usb ports 5gb sec so USB 3 spec and a usb C  port so no problem running a planetary camera and high resolution screen so just the job for image processing , will pick up a 1TB ssd external drive for extra storage  .large.IMG_5226.jpeg.f9e1e71a19e6969d27acd8a46899bca0.jpeg

Very nice! What were you supposed to be shopping for though? 😄

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Very nice! What were you supposed to be shopping for though? 😄

Bras 🤣

Last pieces of the puzzle. ZWO 2" LRGB filter set in excellent condition from ENS optical.

large.Screenshot_20240814_173117_Gallery.jpg.34361fcf62391bda0a3f5028baa0fdbe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

More storage this should do the trick fairly  cheap these days too .large.IMG_5271.jpeg.d081c95b65dc420f7e2f7f6b831c9bd7.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

🎁 A new mount incoming.............🤫

Well, its actually second hand. 

It should be with me in 3 or 4 days.

I've not purchased anything in a long time, so quite excited !

On 07/09/2024 at 16:54, Bino-viewer said:

🎁 A new mount incoming.............🤫

Well, its actually second hand. 

It should be with me in 3 or 4 days.

I've not purchased anything in a long time, so quite excited !

You know we expect pictures, Rob. 😉

Ok, here we go.

A fully kitted out Rowan AZ 100.

A second hand purchase, which sadly, due to his ill health, the previous owner had to part company with.

I hope i can give it a good home and get the best out of it.

This includes motorization, wireless control via an iPhone etc, dual saddles, balance plate, counterweights, 8" riser,  the lot.

All sitting on a Berlebach Planet tripod.

I'll add more photos in the 'Mounts' section 🙂

IMG_7828

10 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

Ok, here we go.

A fully kitted out Rowan AZ 100.

A second hand purchase, which sadly, due to his ill health, the previous owner had to part company with.

I hope i can give it a good home and get the best out of it.

This includes motorization, wireless control via an iPhone etc, dual saddles, balance plate, counterweights, 8" riser,  the lot.

All sitting on a Berlebach Planet tripod.

I'll add more photos in the 'Mounts' section 🙂

IMG_7828

Very nice! I'm sure you'll put it to good use

• Thanks 1