PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Observing The Deep Sky: an astronomer's companion by Darren Bushnall from Amazon - thanks for the heads up also guys-cracking little book :)

Guest Fluke
turn left at orion (blue cover)

3 foot by 3 foot moon map

moon observers hand book

happy fathers day

Id like a nice big moon map too, may I ask where you got yours from?

Just got a EP case from Maplins. As spotted on SGL now discontinued N28KW part number, now reduced to £19.99! Nottm Central now have just 1 left, I think Mansfield have some though.

Small 2.2kg balance weight for the EQ5 off Graham of Astrotech fame. Absolutely spot on and perfect balance with the st80, bang on half way up the bar, couldn't ask for better.

Guest Steve

Just got a EP case from Maplins. As spotted on SGL now discontinued N28KW part number, now reduced to £19.99! Nottm Central now have just 1 left, I think Mansfield have some though.

I'm about to head down to the Leicester Maplins - they are showing 5 in stock - if anyone would like me to pick one up if they really are available at that price, let me know by 6pm!

Edited by Steve

Guest Steve

Got myself a lovely case for £19.99. I shall put my Baader Hyperion zoom right in the middle.... and surround it with lots of foam! Got to start somewhere!

There were 2 more only...

Just bought "Annie's Astro Actions" just need to figure how to use them, and of course get some data to use them on!

Guest Rock Doctor

Observing the deep sky £2.77 pnp free from Amazon cheers for pointing this out and 2 of the N28KW EP cases from Maplins at £19.99. Now rotherham has no more.

Guest Rock Doctor

Id like a nice big moon map too, may I ask where you got yours from?

Dan

You can get an A3 size laminated moon map with an index to all the main lunar sites by Sky and Telescopes and as a companion you can also get the mirror image for what you see through the scope I think each are about £4 from Amazon.

Delivery of lazy Susan bearing for the Dob (let the work begin) and the N28KW EP case from Maplins at £19.99, thanks for pointing that one out, very nice case for the money. Two left at Maplins Stoke.

Good luck with the lazy Susan mod, should only take about 30 mins but makes life so much easier.

No probs, that's what the guide is for (and my signiture), helps people to realise all the stuff they can do to make our scopes better, I'm still working on the setting circle, need to find time to get to a shop that will enlarge and laminate the setting circle.

:)

Edited by Daz type-r

Guest Fluke

Dan

You can get an A3 size laminated moon map with an index to all the main lunar sites by Sky and Telescopes and as a companion you can also get the mirror image for what you see through the scope I think each are about £4 from Amazon.

Thanks bud. I'll not be needing the mirrored version though as I finally got the WO image correcting prism I've been after for a while :)

Im nipping down Mansfield shortly to see if theyve got any alu cases left in Maplins.

Guest Fluke

Noticed Yeomans had a sale on yesterday, so got a good out of season price on heat holders socks and a new 'russian' type winter hat!

Thanks bud. I'll not be needing the mirrored version though as I finally got the WO image correcting prism I've been after for a while :)

Im nipping down Mansfield shortly to see if theyve got any alu cases left in Maplins.

Mansfield are showing 2 in stock, Loughborough 1 and Sheffield 1.

Guest Fluke

Mansfield are showing 2 in stock, Loughborough 1 and Sheffield 1.

Thanks Mike. They claim they'd got none left when I nipped in :(

Bummer, sorry Dan :(

New addition to my set up is a Polarscope Cap (the big white one) as mine was missing when I bought it (2nd hand) on the EQ5. Just need to find a couple of replacement slow mo knobs and she'll be as good as new. Mine are both cracked and held together with hose clips at the minute. :rolleyes:

Won it for £16.51 plus £1.75 p&p, but it is 49 pages with black & white photos and it can go with my collection of old catalogues.

So I think it is worth it.

These catalogues bring back memories of the scopes I used to want as a child.

Aquasition more than purchase..... Just picked up one of Baz's Batteries, time to get building now :)

50mw green laser.

Just had to get one to have a play with ;) .

I know they are banned at star parties.

Had one from the same company, but it was rubbish so I sent it back as faulty. Even after changing batteries you really needed good dark adaptation to even see the beam. This is a replacement. Only tried it in the garage with lights off and the beam on this one is brilliant. Looks like it might slice through the garage door, great fun :D .