PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Explore Scientific 14mm 100 degree *wide angle* eyepiece.

It's big, it's heavy, filled with nitrogen and it's waterproof!! So all this rain shouldn't bother it :D .

This is it next to an eyepiece from my very first telescope hundreds of years ago...

And with the Bresser I got from Damian and a 26mm Meade Super Plossl...

And next to my 10 x 50s...

Also got a Revelation 2" 2x/1.5x ED barlow, to go with it.

Nice collection Pete :)

We'll have to compare the 14 ES and the 13 Ethos at the next meet - that'll be interesting :)

Kim,

I've read a few comparison reports on the two eps (Cloudy Nights etc.) and most conclude that there is little difference except the price.

Not that either are cheap!!

My thinking exactly - I'd still like to see it with my own eyes though - just for fun :)

Ordered a 5 and 8mm BST ep's from Alan! Not getting on with the 4 and 7mm UWAN's so a sale is in the offing!

Ordered a 5 and 8mm BST ep's from Alan! Not getting on with the 4 and 7mm UWAN's so a sale is in the offing!

Had a customer yesterday collect a 28mm 2" UWAN. Its quite a beast

Baader Wonder Fluid optics cleaning kit.

Cheapest at FLO £16 inc. delivery.

Arrived 24 hours after clicking buy !

Hi Pat, you will have to try out my ES in your scopes then. I just like big wide fields. Don't like to have the impression I am looking through a straw. My favourite ep used to be the 31mm Nagler 82 degrees. But that size Nagler is not suitable in my F4 scope, My eyes can't handle a 7.75mm exit pupil since over 60% of the light would be wasted. I am looking forward to looking through this big ES now, hopefully an even better "spacewalk experience".

Cheers.

Starwave ED80 has just arrived. Many thanks to Ron and especially Dave aka Rock Doctor for dropping it off :) looking happy on its new goto mount ;)

5699c1d5-26b5-fe18.jpg

Edited by Teslar

Olympus Vari-mag 90' viewfinder for my Canon 1000d from a link in a Stargazers thread!

Couple of v.nice purchases there Ron - both extremely useful items - Meade eyepieces are superb. :)

Guest Kheldar

Cheap tripod and trigger grip off ABS, I know my bins don't really dictate a mounting solution but I'd be happier with one :)

Regulated power supply to drop from 12v to 6v from Maplins. Just need to build a box quick smart and my Baz Battery will be in action.

A digital remote timer for the Canon 1000d :)

Excelent stuff, I must say mine is fantastic, one of the most usefull purchases I have made!

I have a manual one, but got fed up switch on & off and timing! Can now program it al ! :)

Works a treat. Just need to find out the best settings as never ever tried DSLR Astro :praying:

My daughter bought me 'Digital SLR Astrophotography' by Michael A Covington, absolutley brilliant! Different set up's, targets and easy to understand!!