PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Sold a Vixen 20mm ep on Astro B & S and bought a SW Extra Flat 27mm from FLO!

At last, all my dew prevention stuff has arrived. :lol:

Kendrick 2 channel, 4 port dew controller, Kendrick 2" ep heater strip, 2" finder scope heater strip and a Telrad heater strip.

No more cutting my observation nights short again!!!!

Guest Fluke

Called into RVO on the way home from work this afternoon and picked up a Revelation 40mm camera projection eyepiece and finally got around to getting a light pollution filter.

Filter set off of Pat, Baz Battery Charger off of the man himself. Just about to buy a solution to the EQ5 drive issues....

My new 63mm elliptical flat from Orion Optics arrived yesterday so my scope rebuild can now go forward. Hopefully I'll have it operational for Kelling.

A pair of Inpro Nightfall 9x63 low light dawn till dusk binos. Found em in a photo shop in Falmouth and knockdown price because Inpro had gone under a couple of years ago and they couldnt shift them. These are bosting binos, good quality, not as cumbersome as the celestron 70s and the nice low mag gives shakefree handheld widefield views. They are exceptional for astro and also pretty good for birding. I was watching a couple of Perrigrin Falcons over the Gwithian Cliffs in Cornwall with these and they were stunning.

Edited by philjay

Celestron C90, now I won't be scopeless when I come to meetings on my bike :D

celestron_c90_mak_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eddy

A Revelation 2" diagonal and a SW 32mm 2" Panaview ep from FLO!

Guest Rock Doctor

Star travel 102 synscan goto. I got this primarily for the mount, to mount the Meg on, but the OTA will make a good grab n go. 60mm Altair Astro finder which is brilliant and far better than the standard Celestron finder and Making every photon count. Christmas has come early :)

Looks like wee three are on a spending splurge :)

Edited by Teslar

Guest Fluke

Bargain bin pocket 10x25 bins from Aldi for £3.99, reduced from £7.99. Thanks to Martyn for the heads up :)

Still a few pairs left at the Sutton-in-Ashfield store, but be quick :)

Guest Antares_Paul

Having played with various pieces of (freeware) software, I figured I might as well commit to something dedicated to image processing.

I mulled over various options/packages and opted for PixInsight.

So the money is down and the steep learning curve begins ;)

That is as soon as I can actually collect some data :(

Regards.

Tapatalk app for my android phone. The forum takes ages to load in my browser on a gprs signal I usually only get!!! Already i'm very impressed, it makes it loads quicker, and I can add other compatible forums to it. :-)