PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

We've bought materials for and made a dew shield, we've used some 'craft planet' funky foam sheet. A very appropriate name, lol, and a grand cost of £1.50, and some tape. :D

Guest Rock Doctor

starsharp Bahtinov mask (Morris engraving) for the 11 inch and multi reticle red dot finder WO compatible by Kson (365astronomy) for the Megrez. I've not tried it out yet looking at the sky but it fits on the Meg and looks identical to the WO one but is almost half the price. Has 4 reticles, 7 settings for brightness, Allen keys, rubber glass cover and cleaning cloth. I've turned it on and the reticles look sharp on the viewing glass.

A new sheet of Baader Solar safety film, from RVO (Who seemed to have turned into a model shop overnight!)

A new sheet of Baader Solar safety film, from RVO (Who seemed to have turned into a model shop overnight!)

I nipped in yesterday. More remote control cars their now than astro gear.

The sooner we have a bit of competition 'locally' the better.

Guest Ely Ellis

I got my little 76" 300mm Dob there early in the year.

Since then I have emailed them a number of times regarding a couple of possible purchases but have never received a reply.

So, I won't be bothering again.

Shame really.

Edited by Ely Ellis

The guy in the shop took us downstairs where the whole basement is full of RC Cars, planes and plastic kits!! and a new website!! Still some astro gear there but like others in the country they are diveresifing !!

Also bought a new sleeping bag for Kelling from Blacks!

Edited by Ron Clarke

2 Burner cooker with grill, foldable cooker stand with table, gas bottle, large kettle.

Water container.

Tea, coffee, sugar.

Stowed in car at all times for dark site meets.

Just bring your own cups.

2 Burner cooker with grill, foldable cooker stand with table, gas bottle, large kettle.

Water container.

Tea, coffee, sugar.

Stowed in car at all times for dark site meets.

Just bring your own cups.

You'll be bringing the kitchen sink and bed next, some nutter does. :D

it does have a space for a bowl.....not doing the washing up though smile.png

You're all sorted for your own snack bar when out and about now, a frying pan will be next, lol. ;)

i also have a bigger tent Ron, thanks to ibbo.

just hope i can remember how to put it up.

Not technically a purchase but I have been given a 2" variable polarising moon filter and a street light turn off device, thank you very much JohnC - top man, I owe you one!