PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

As we've sold an awning, as I want to give Abstro sketching a go, as my knowledge and experience is still very basic and just because we like the idea of it, we/I have bought a Skywatcher Heritage 130p.

It's a little scope for me to make home made mods for and have a play with - even whilst sitting in the campervan with the dog, lol, whilst Wayne uses Bob the 150p - without me interrupting him, :P

Like the idea Cazz, let see how you progress??

If I do I'll grow into Waynes 150p, if not - it's a nice collectors piece ornament lol. Plus it's a quicker grab and go and will fit better in the classic car. I think we have most bases covered already - and it's not been a year yet, lol. :blush:

We'll have to call you the Family Dobs soon ;) That's a very nice trio of scopes you now have.

It's a duo of dobs, we didn't buy the 300p :( -hence we had the awning money for the baby one. :wub:

Two Ikea tables - like Daz's. One for Bob the Dob and for the Dob-ette.

A £20 pick and mix eye piece set in a box, as we can't both use the random zoom one at the same time.

Some more funky foam sheets for Dob-ette's dew shield.

Road tax for the mobile obsy, does this count as we've only kept her on the road for Kelling?

New HEQ5 for the obsy!! Going to use my EQ5 for 6" RC (and Kelling!) and sell the Celestron NexStar8 mount. :)

I got some new toys for kelling, 130pds on eq5 goto and coma corrector, 12" goto dobsonian so leta hope for clear skies :-)

I had the DOB out tonight and o am impressed by the GOTO system but didn't get my through the clouds!! I am glad didn't go bigger 12" is just about manageable for one! :-)

The lovely Laura has just given me a sneak preview of the IMG132E purchased for a forthcoming minor celebration :) I'm major celebrating :)

After seeing how cool it looked on TA WOW's Android device last weekend I just had to get myself SkySafari 3 Pro for iOS.

Feel lucky too as it was 25% cheaper than the normal price (until 23rd Sept).

Not the cheapest astro chart app out there but it's by far the best I've come across to date.

After seeing how cool it looked on TA WOW's Android device last weekend I just had to get myself SkySafari 3 Pro for iOS.

Feel lucky too as it was 25% cheaper than the normal price (until 23rd Sept).

Not the cheapest astro chart app out there but it's by far the best I've come across to date.

WINNER

it's such a good app

Well what can i say.

Due to the good folks on here i have made three additions to the arsenal.

Nexstar se mount from Ron (Payment pending)

Bresser 152 from Doc (Payment pending)

Hyperion zoom from Fluke. (Payment pending)

Roll on payday so i can pass on the funds!

The kindness of astronomers always amazes me.

These people have let me take the kit before payment on trust.

I thanks you all, but will feel more comfortable when i have paid :)

Best regards

John

Mick,

Glad to see a man reunited with the kind of scope he's meant to have.

It had to be done.

Now on to modding of the scope, can't wait.