PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Bit of a shopping spree...

Celestron Axiom LX 23mm 82 degree eyepiece

Skywatcher ST120

Skywatcher AZ4 mount and tripod

Skytee 2 mount

Astro Engineering Heavy Duty Portable Pier

12" pier extension

ADM dual Losmandy/Vixen saddle

and a few other little odds and ends :) .

20x80! Man they are gonna be some hefty binos with great views! What tripod are you putting them on?

Guest andyboy1970

20x80! Man they are gonna be some hefty binos with great views! What tripod are you putting them on?

4 Kgs of lovelyness!

I have a photographic tripod but want to eventually mount them on a goto mount, most likely ALT/AZ.

4 Kgs of lovelyness!

I have a photographic tripod but want to eventually mount them on a goto mount, most likely ALT/AZ.

Goto bins what an awesome idea! :)

Horizon 8115 tripod for bins. Need a metal adapter next-now that the tripod is solid I have noticed the wobble from the plastic tripod adaptor! :o)

I have this tripod, there good and solid arn't they.

A tin of Yacht Varnish for the Tripod feet and a 200 ohm, 10w aluminium clad resistor to make a secondary mirror heater for the 200p.

I have this tripod, there good and solid arn't they.

Totally agree Dave. Solid, and they fold down to a reasonably compact size considering the height to which they can extend. I love it. Before that I was mounting my 15x70s on a lightweight camera tripod-when I got the 8115 I felt like throwing the camera tripod in the nearest bin! ;)

A tin of Yacht Varnish for the Tripod feet and a 200 ohm, 10w aluminium clad resistor to make a secondary mirror heater for the 200p.

I have a 200P also. Am interested in how you will make the secondary heater. Will you be putting a guide up on here as to how you do it? I, (and many others I expect) would be extremely grateful if you did :)

I have a 200P also. Am interested in how you will make the secondary heater. Will you be putting a guide up on here as to how you do it? I, (and many others I expect) would be extremely grateful if you did :)

I've a 150P, I'm very interested too please. :) And Daz wil be when he sees this. ;)

Yeah, I have 1 out of 4 things needed to build my own heater, rapidly running out of time before EMS1, it's gonna be close.

It was Steve who did it first. As soon as the part arrives I will have a play, and assuming succesful I will post up a how to.... it's a sinch and will have cost less than £3 total.

Not strictly an individual purchase, but I did buy its constituent parts. A new dew shield. Made from a decathlon camping mat, some adhesive Velcro strips, and some flocking material. Joy.

106 Primary Red - LEE Filters

Sheet Size: 1.2m x 0.53m

For red light proofing iPhone/laptop.

I might also whack some on the energizer head lamp then there will be no white light "accidents" when cycling through the white light settings to get to red.

£8.10 delivered from:

http://www.hi-lights.tv/shop/183/

Setting circle printed on heavy duty vinyl from ABS for my 200P. Just need my back to recover and a wixey then to do the mod. Will not be before EMS1 unfortunately. Back is on the mend though :)

Setting circle printed on heavy duty vinyl from ABS for my 200P. Just need my back to recover and a wixey then to do the mod. Will not be before EMS1 unfortunately. Back is on the mend though :)

ABS who and how much????

I need details!!!!!!!!! Like sizes etc, tried to work it out last night but did not get very far due to my little lad being a pain in the A**E!!!

Bless him!

Ha ha kids eh?!

Regarding details it's advert number 60002 on ABS. The very helpful gentleman's name is Geoff Ruzgar

Chairman Dunfermline Astronomical Society: http://www.dasoc.org.uk. He sold it to me for £25. Nothing wrong with it-never used it. He switched to an SCT scope before it arrived so I am assuming he outsourced its making to someone.

I have emailed him just now Darren asking if it is ok if I give you his email via PM.

Will let you know as soon as he's responded :)

He responds quickly! He's just sent me photo of proof of postage and has given the ok for you to contact him. PM on the way Darren :)

ooh tak, niiiccceee :D

yes hope so phil, it will be at EMS so we can all have a play

Sheila

LVI Smartguider V1 from Astro Buy and Sell. Now just got to work out how to attack the WO 66mm to the C9.25 in time for EMS1......