PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

they do look very handy Colin, i was looking at Steves when we were at Kelling, nice to control everything from the laptop

i brought it as i only want the one cable going out to the pier and the one power supply, means i can attach and leave it attached to the mount when i move it without having to rewire everything, by the time you buy a usb hub, power supplys and dew heater you gettng decent value for money

new tent. Hubby helped me put up the old one to try it for EMS and was messing with the poles and put one straight through the canvas and ripped HUGE hole in it LOL Now cost him a new tent

Sheila

Tarpaulin to cover my scopes from homebase, and the Sky at Nights latest special magazine 'The complete guide to Astrophotography' which seems essential reading for one so clueless lol

As long as it keeps your feet warm and dry, that's all that matters. They look good value.

Too true, I'm currently wearing them and I can confirm my feet are warm and dry - whilst watching TV lol.

12 inch lazy susan bearing and some 1 inch Slide Glides from Amazon. Just gotta wait for it to arive. Setting circle has arrived now. Just gotta do lazy susan bearing then get a hold of the perspex discs and set about making the moveable setting circle. Big thanks to Mick (Doc) for explaning how it works to me. No doubt I'll be contacting you in due course mick to pick your brains ;)

I struggled last weekend so not strictly new I modded a torch with some new ruby red film ;)

2a9unume.jpg

u2eqete2.jpg

I've got enough left to do one of the lights inside the camper :)

I opened a nice little package from Teleskop Service today...

12 x 80 RACI illuminated finder.

2" Variable Extension/Helical focuser.

OIII filter.

Bag of Haribo childrens sweets :huh: ??? Is this some sort of German custom? :D

X 1 sheet clear polycarbonate 4x2 feet 2mm thick to make x2 "rings" for moveable setting circle :)

I've just boughtAltair 60mm Miniguider with Autoguider Webcam focuser, tube rings, multi-purpose base and a QHY5 camera. I'm going to have a go at auto guding, I'll probably be asking for tips!

I have to collect them this week from Altair Astro, but the downside is I have to wait until Christmas for one of the components (Christmas present from wife), should I wait for the scope or the camera?