PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

I'd wait for the camera - play with the finder in the meantime - it's a very nice bit of kit Mark - I have one on the 115 EDT :)

Yeah, I can't decide, kid wit new toy comes to mind! I suppose if I chose the camera I could hook it up to my SW 200P and use that as a guide scope and piggyback my DSLR on top of the scope.Would that work?

Misuse of a big aperture scope - but no reason why it shouldn't work lol - get a bhatinov mask for it so you can focus right :)

Posty dropped a little package from Canada off this morning, its a cable kit for my Celestron CGE mount to replace the daft patch leads used for motor connections which pull out and strain losing contacts giving strange or no slews at all.

Nice little project for tomorrow

:ph34r:

A new EQ5 polar scope and some new control cables for the revamped EQ3.

Keeps your eyes out for errant fairies...ssshhh. :)

iPhone 4S cover that has a front cover that I can put red lee filter in to enable a quick conversion of iPhone to night vision friendly. Until it arrives I just have to tape the lee filter to the screen, still works a treat just be nice to just put a different case on rather than mess about with tape each time I want it use it whilst observing.

Hi Felix,

I'm ready for a new case on my 4s. Can you put up a URL for the case you've ordered. Sounds like a really good idea.

Cheers.

Rigel finder for Bob - perhaps he'll find things easier now, lol

2" 25mm wide angle eye piece for Bob

2X barlow for Bob

and a 45 degree thing for Wayne

Hi Felix,

I'm ready for a new case on my 4s. Can you put up a URL for the case you've ordered. Sounds like a really good idea.

Cheers.

Hi Pete,

It was actually from Ebay.com as opposed to ebay.co.uk as uk searches returned nothing. All in all with postage and exchange rate it cost the princely sum of £4.58. Then there will be duty when it comes to UK. I would advise you to hang on and see how I get on as the sellers feedback is only 99.2% positive. There does seem to be a lot of UK buyers leaving negative feedback with comments such as "item never arrived" or "arrived after weeks but the wrong colour" etc etc. I will put up the link for you anyway if it does arrive it will do the job nicely, apparently (if it arrives) it comes with a stylus and x2 screen protectors. Link below:

http://www.ebay.com/...d=261086459954

Edited by catman161

Thanks very much Felix.

It looks pretty tough and seems to be worth the risk at that low price. Duty can't be that much extra either. Can't make up my mind between the blue and the orange. Might go for both :) .

Cheers.

Thanks very much Felix.

It looks pretty tough and seems to be worth the risk at that low price. Duty can't be that much extra either. Can't make up my mind between the blue and the orange. Might go for both :) .

Cheers.

White to match your scope. ;)

Thanks very much Felix.

Cheers.

No probs. yeah I thought for the money it's worth a punt :) I asked for black but to be honest I wouldn't care what colour they send as long as I can fit the lee filter into it I'm not bothered. I need to be able to use my iPhone to get the alt/Az coordinates to use my new setting circle :)

I finally have been able to get a 2" eyepiece adaptor for the Dob after 3 months of trying. Woohoo! Just need some new eyepieces now!

What....more eyepieces?

You are going to need another caravan to keep all your kit in, cos there can't be much room left in the house. :lol:

Lol Martyn - that's it now - I have the range I want in green and black so I can sell all the other stuff off - gonna have a big sale in the coming weeks. :)

Guest Ely Ellis

Just got hold of a Canon 450D (Rebel XSi) with 18 - 80mm lens.

Un-modded for now.

In the process of getting a T-ring, 1.25" nose piece and a 5m USB extension cable.