PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

A little red bike light, so I can actually see my, well Wayne's star atlas.

And have I mentioned my blue accessory case and Wayne's silver one?

Canon T ring came today. Not bad for £6.90 inc delivery.

Where did you get ya t ring from Ellis?

Darn it ! - the blinking rings don't flippin fit so I've got to send the chuffin things back. Well miffed! :angry:

Darn it ! - the blinking rings don't flippin fit so I've got to send the chuffin things back. Well miffed! :angry:

:( :( bad luck kim , bet that made you utter some famous words. Will have to wait again now

Sheila

Thanks Sheila :) Fortunately it was offset by the arrival of my Naglers - very nice too - itching to try them out :)

Thanks Sheila :) Fortunately it was offset by the arrival of my Naglers - very nice too - itching to try them out :)

I will gladly help you try them out Kim ;) lol! I was just saying to dan how some of the first EP's I looked through were your TV's and now I'm ruined forever when it comes to EP's ha ha ha! I've entered the euromillions (91 million jackpot) if I win I may get a few TV EP's and a couple of plane wave scopes and a couple of properties abroad with fully equipped observatories and of course a permanent observatory for EMS with an amazing array of different scopes to cater for all preferences! It could happen! Ha ha ha! Hope you enjoy ya new anglers shame about the tube rings, sorry to hear that.

Mintron video camera from John

Deep-Sky Video Astronomy (Patrick Moore's Practical Astronomy Series) [Paperback]

Universal Laptop Charger 12v DC Power Adaptor

feathertouch motorised focuser which i have no idea how to fit, must google instructions LOL

Sheila

Deep-Sky Video Astronomy (Patrick Moore's Practical Astronomy Series) [Paperback]

A cable free set up? lol. :D

What!!!!!!! Oh no Im really sorry about that. I'm gutted. :o

Your tube is 102mm OD on average Kim.

The next size up are 105 mm and they are too loose I know because Ive tried the scope in mine and I had to pack them out

Are the new rings bigger than the old ones? they measured at 100mm and they fitted but distorted the tube, the new ones at 102mm should actually fit better are they still tight?

Edited by philjay

They measure the same as the old ones Phil - and I asked them to check before shipping as well - told them it must be 102mm inside dia and not 100mm. Too tight - totally useless - at least I can get my money back. I'll try and source elsewhere.

Guest Antares_Paul

Just about to splash out on a cooling mod for the 450D as pictured below. JTW Astronomy will be doing the mod.

564087_419285118127065_1274783384_n.jpg

Am quite happy imaging with a DSLR so might as well pimp my current camera :)

Regards.

snapback.pngpetersull, on 01 November 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

A cable free set up? lol. :D

:lol: Just saw your post Cazz.

Just today I have been drawing up plans to mount my big Baz Battery to the bottom of my AE pier, and considering motorising the slo mos on the Skytee and possibly implementing a little bit of extra dew control, and maybe even bracketing the laptop to the pier :wacko: .

A useful custom made aluminium accessory bracket.

Bits to mount...
/>https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104047272/615.jpg

Some crappy drawings...
/>https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104047272/618.jpg

Bracket finished...
/>https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104047272/644.jpg

Bits bolted to bracket...
/>https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104047272/650.jpg

Mounted on scope...
/>https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104047272/632.jpg

I'm very pleased with it :) .

Now, should I get it black anodized or just polish it up as is??