PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Good work Felix, saved my relationship you have :D

Yeah but may have marred mine for a bit ;) My wife stays at her brothers on Thursdays. Look what I do as soon as she has left me alone lol! I don't regret it. I am hoping the minimal hassle if setting up the bins and getting great views may encourage her to join me in a bit of stargazing.

Felix, Just be careful hanging them round your neck on the Ostara Comfort Strap :P :P .

Even all three straps might not be enough :D :D :D :D .

I was tempted but the kids need xmas prezzies :lol:

The kids come first Mick always. Not had any yet myself (am pretty sure it's on the cards soon though Eeek!!) but have treated poorly children on surgical wards and in accident & emergency for last 10 years. Kids are great :)

Felix, Just be careful hanging them round your neck on the Ostara Comfort Strap :P :P .

Even all three straps might not be enough :D :D :D :D .

Ha ha ha! Brilliant! :D Can see how that looked co-incidentally strange to get straps for such huge bins. They are stocking fillers for my nephew and Dad! nope these are gonna be tripod only beauties :)

Edited by catman161

Did you get the tripod as well Felix? The bins are bigger than you think :)

They will go on my tripod Kim. I know how massive they are! Lol! :)

You will love them Felix I guarantee.

I don't doubt it phil :) Thanks. From the pics they look very well cared for.

Ha ha ha! Brilliant! :D Can see how that looked co-incidentally strange to get straps for such huge bins. They are stocking fillers for my nephew and Dad! nope these are gonna be tripod only beauties :)

Post some pics when you get them on your tripod.

Let's hope so Pat, it's not new but I thought it may 'guide' me into the dark side!!

Going to use the Meg72 as a guide scope.

I'll let you know how I get on with it !!

Edited by Ron Clarke

Oh my - that's posh - most folks use the Meg72 to image with lol - what's taking the pictures Ron? Do I remember an astrograph?......

Modded Philips 880 webcam with a mono 618ala chip, should be alot more sensitive than the colour standard version.

we will see.

Pair of Opticron Vista LE 10x50's from Northern Optics (Nigel) for my nephew for Christmas. I hope he will love them. S/H but look and perform as new! I almost want to keep them for myself!! You know how I love binoculars!

Nigel really went out of his way to sort me out with these for my nephew, for which I am very grateful. Ordered and paid for yesterday and arrived today. Top service, top bloke-Thanks Nigel :)