PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Ta da!!! Have known about this for a week or so but picked it up today from a smashing chap off ABS. Here's to some clear nights and learning how to use it :) Big thanks to Kim for going through his with me before I committed to this purchase. I am very happy :D

Ha ha Eddy :) No Mick, majority saved my own pennies then a slight credit card hit for the last bit :o all good though. Am looking forward to learning how it works.

Skywatcher 200p dobsonian, should be here tomorrow, hooray !!!!

Blimey Dave, you did not take long to think about that one! :D

Cheers, I wanted to have a proper try with a dob Mark without spending to much money, the 200p seems to sell well on ebay and does not loose to much value. So if I get on ok perhaps the 10" next ? Lol

Cheers, I wanted to have a proper try with a dob Mark without spending to much money, the 200p seems to sell well on ebay and does not loose to much value. So if I get on ok perhaps the 10" next ? Lol

Nah.... 8", 12" there is no 10" :lol: well, no point in moving up 2" when you can move up 4 ;)

Guest Rock Doctor

Not quite a purchase but the exchange of a faulty RVO 4 channel dew heater controller + the difference in cash for a 4 channel thousand oaks one. The quality is a lot better. :)

Good move Dave - I'd go with Thousand Oaks or Kendrick too :)

My new laptop just arrived this afternoon at the office. Loads of power and space for imaging - Intel i7, 16 Giggly bytes of DDR ram, 1.5 Terry bytes of disk, 8Gb SSD cache, and 2Gb Graphics DDR ram. But knowing me I'll just end up playing games on it lol :)