PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Guest Rock Doctor

My son wants an Alienware for gaming but I might show him this one as its about half the price of the Alienware one he's been looking at. :)

Guest Rock Doctor

whatever he gets it releases his current laptop which is far better than the laptop I'm using now and he is giving it to me lol

Snap! i7 Lappy with 15.6 screen 1080p graphics Dell Latitude 5530. Solid build quality and will replace my dud desktop that fell over last week :)

Nice one Tom - yeah mines a desktop replacement too - I can get rid of these two old monitors now which just look ugly and gather dust. :)

No excuse to do the Lunar 100 now Martyn.

I used Rukl's atlas of the moon when I done my Lunar 100 but this is just as good, maybe better in fact.

Which atlas is that one Martyn/Mick? I got the photographic one last year, good and a bit fancy but not as usefulbas I hoped

Sorry just found the link, let us know how you get on with it martyn, looks good

just bought some fleece lined fishing trousers and some fingerless gloves that also have flaps to make them into mittens (as suggested by Pete) from Decathlon. The gloves are great, and although marked up as £14 were only £11.99 :) Just need a clear night to try them out now, look a bit daft sat in the lounge drinking eggnog in them :lol:

Got a £25 ITunes voucher for Christmas so just spent £10.49 on SkySafari 3 Plus, looks loads better than the £1.99 version.

ooh! I've got a £15 itunes card, I'll take a look at that Darren?? Cheers!

Ron

PS just downloaded, looks great Darren, thanks!!

Edited by Ron Clarke

Sky Safari 3 Pro edition. It's awesome :) Next on the list is the Skywire to control the mount via iPhone :)

65 AH Baz battery (free) off Kim and a trickle charger. Had a lovely cuppa with Kim and Di thanks guys :) Edit: Also tube rings off Kim to mount the 200P when the dovetail arrives from FLO

Edited by catman161

Good find Felix. You'd struggle to make one for that price. I have the same Baz battery and will be interested to know if you can fit some insulation around it.

Good find Felix. You'd struggle to make one for that price. I have the same Baz battery and will be interested to know if you can fit some insulation around it.

I think I may struggle with it from the look of the dimensions there will probably be a cm clearance around but I may be wrong. Will check when it arrives and if possible get polystyrene in around it or some other insulator.

Felix, you could try some of that sprayable expanding insulation foam, it comes in a can I think, you spray it in and it expands and solidifies.

Felix, you could try some of that sprayable expanding insulation foam, it comes in a can I think, you spray it in and it expands and solidifies.

Yeah I thought about that but it never turns out very neat. I know you can cut and sand it but its quite faffy. I will see how much clearance there is and take it from there.