PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

I packed my box with flat off-cuts of Polystyrene foam, works a treat!!

Ron

Thanks Ron-if there is room that is what I was planning on doing too :)

If you use that builders spray foam. Make sure you have a poly bag around your battery first :D

Oh yes, goes without saying :) Well you'd hope so lol!

I'm sure we are all relieved to hear I have finally hit the self destruct button on the credit card :facepalm:

Just purchased:

Skywatcher Evostar ED80 Pro. (my first new scope)

2" push fit to T thread adaptor.

Bhatinov Mask for the above.

:D

I'm sure we are all relieved to hear I have finally hit the self destruct button on the credit card :facepalm:

Just purchased:

Skywatcher Evostar ED80 Pro. (my first new scope)

2" push fit to T thread adaptor.

Bhatinov Mask for the above.

:D

Brilliant Mike, and with your APO Totaliser still up at £147, you'll soon be upgrading to a Tak :D .

Brilliant Mike, and with your APO Totaliser still up at £147, you'll soon be upgrading to a Tak :D .

That'll need changing :blush: It'll now be the "mike's mount mountain fund" ;)

Got Universe by DK books hardcover from WHSmiths earlier. Reduced to £15 from £30 and I found a £5 off voucher from somewhere too! Great book for a tenner!

Atik 314L+ OSC From Kheldar :D

Well done eddy now we can both be a pain to Stephen and Steve. Lol

Guest Kheldar

Starlight Xpress SXVF-H9 Mono :D

Well done eddy now we can both be a pain to Stephen and Steve. Lol

When are you ever not :P

Edited by Kheldar

Continuing my recent (comparatively small scale) spending spree :D

Newtonian Cooling system off Dion of Astronomy Shed for my 200P Check out the video here: http://youtu.be/tON69sEH-AY

CCTV 2 way Power Splitter 12V DC 2.1mm

http://bit.ly/W2gamG

1 METRE DC POWER EXTENSION CABLE LEAD 2.1x5.5x10mm 90° PLUG

http://bit.ly/10OGSXM

And a serial cable for the NEQ6 Pro synscan handset from Astronomiser (thanks for the recommendation Kim) so I can then connect the Southern Stars Skywire and use Sky Safari to control mount from IPhone. That'll have to be next month though :)

Just bought a HEQ5 pro with Synscan and a dovetail mount for my camera. Just need a scope now.

Edited by Mark Harper.

Guest Antares_Paul

T thread finder/guider adapter.

I will now be using a 9x50 finder scope for guiding with the QHY5 on the ED120.

The ST80 will now be permanently bolted on the ED80 CNC rings.

Saves me 10 minutes swapping the guide scope between imaging scopes and also a bit of weight off the 120 rig  :)

Win-win.

Regards.

Bobs knobs for my celestron 8" sct,

And a nice starlight feather touch micro focuser for the same scope.

Which means my gso crayford focuser will soon be for sale.

Had a nice day out at Lincoln today. Spent some time in Waterstones there and bought Paul Money's guide to simple astro photography. Should be good to gently ease me into the dark side :) If such a thing is actually possible!

The book was only £8, but I fear it could work out far more expensive since a quick read had me pricing up DSLRs.

If anyone is interested, Paul Money will be at Waterstones Lincoln on Thursday 24th Jan at 7pm giving a talk and showing images. £3 entry fee. I met him several years ago on a "Northern Lights" flight from East Midlands Airport (a surprise wedding anniversary present for swmbo) and found him very interesting and entertaining.

Wonders of the universe and wonders of the solar system on blue ray for £10, bargain!!!!

Wonders of the universe and wonders of the solar system on blue ray for £10, bargain!!!!

Each or for both?! Either way good value-nice one!