PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

yep,

i already have one without the foot that i use on the Starwave, they are very good, was looking to get another for the sct as the normal red dot that came with it is not very good

Well I picked up my cooling fan from delivery office today (it arrived on Tuesday but I was at work). Just thought I'd share a pic. The build quality is superb and even when turned up to full power you have to put your ear to the unit to hear the whisper quiet "whirring" noise.

Edited by catman161

Nice one Felix. I've got a Dion one on my Quattro and its really a worth while add on. Keeps the mirror cool and dew free :)

Nice one Felix - is that a special astro accessory, or just a pc case fan from somewhere?

Hey Kim, it was from Dion. He sells them on astronomy shed. Great bit of kit. He also recommended a couple of leads (a splitter and extension) so that I can 'tee off' the power supply from the mount and run the extender down the dovetail to the fan on the bottom of the scope. Very pleased with the purchase :)

Nice one Felix. I've got a Dion one on my Quattro and its really a worth while add on. Keeps the mirror cool and dew free :)

They look and feel great. Do thy make a good deal of difference to the views?

Revelation 12 inch dob, flocked with telrad and bobs knobs.  :D

Edited by oldfruit

Revelation 12 inch dob, flocked with telrad and bobs knobs. :D

Whoah! Nice Mark! That's it it cloudy weather for the next month at least!!

I have just put my name on a new telescope carry case that Ive been promising myself for the past year. I shall be picking it up on Friday, cant wait.

Its made by Volkswagen and is listed as the T5 Van :D  :D  :D

I sealed the deal yesterday and am having a side window put in it as well as body colour bumpers and reversing sensors. This will take my gear and be ideal for star party transport and sleeping accommodation as well as being my base for hiking which I intend to step up (get it) in 2013

Oooooh I am excited

Now to join the VW T4/T5 forum and local club :D

Congrats Phil. One of my long term goals a camper van. Hope you enjoy it. Lovely vehicles :)

Its a march 2012. Maybe in the future Kim but gonna concentrate on insulating behind the panelling and carpeting the back 1st

Its going to make a great Star Party base, I shall still use the tent but hook some driveaway porch up to the tent so I can go straight from teh side door of the van into the tent

I cant wait to get my hands on it and play. Theres a T4/T5 club just down the road near Uttoxeter so gonna give them a shout next month when Ive got it.

I have to resist the urge to turn it into a surf or passion wagon, I dont surf and Fliss reckons my passion went years ago :D

They look and feel great. Do thy make a good deal of difference to the views?

Can't say in personal experience as I've had it on since I got the Quattro. But it can highly recommended and I've not regretted the purchase the mirror has never dewed when the fans been on

Sounds superb Phil - I'll look forward to seeing that. Drive away porches are the best idea - then you ain't strapped to the site if you wanna do a day trip - and you don't loose your pitch if you're out for a few hours which is always a bonus. :)

OK will prob get this wrong

SXVR 694 CCD with SX filter wheel/OAG.... astrodon 50mm filters LRGB Ha OIII and SII

Guest Kheldar
OK will prob get this wrong

SXVR 694 CCD with SX filter wheel/OAG.... astrodon 50mm filters LRGB Ha OIII and SII

:o

Well that was all she wrote for 2013, the clouds might of cleared by 2015?

Guest T A WOW

Carbon fibre tubing. Last bit I need for my tripod. Hopefully be finished next week. (hopefully lol) (if my metal ever blumin arrives!)

And loads of stainless steel bolts to hold it all together

Edited by T A WOW

Guest andyboy1970
Astronomik IR Pro (742nm) filter ,I hope not to stand on this one unlike the baader one tht bit the dust a week ago

Pat

Great filter, makes the most of the mono camera.

I have just put my name on a new telescope carry case that Ive been promising myself for the past year. I shall be picking it up on Friday, cant wait.

Its made by Volkswagen and is listed as the T5 Van :D  :D  :D

I sealed the deal yesterday and am having a side window put in it as well as body colour bumpers and reversing sensors. This will take my gear and be ideal for star party transport and sleeping accommodation as well as being my base for hiking which I intend to step up (get it) in 2013

Oooooh I am excited

Now to join the VW T4/T5 forum and local club :D

My brother had a T2.5 and now has a T4, he loves it. Secret club as everywhere he goes all the VW camper drivers wave and chat.

He says its a great community.