PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

"Star Clusters" by Brent Archinal and Steven Hynes.

Bl**dy expensive, but should be the ultimate reference manual.

Nearly on par with my new reference manual lol.

Not really purchased but is new :) secondary heater for 200P and homemade (by Martyn) power cable to go to dew control hub. Thanks again Martyn & Daz :)

X20 Velcro Cable tidy straps from the bay (£2.99 free postage-bargain).

X3 M3 8mm thumb screws for easy alignment/centering of polar scope reticule from 365astronomy.com.

Low Profile 1.25 inch eyepiece adaptor from Damian.

Guest Turtleboy

5m lighter socket cable for my Goto mount. OK not the most exciting purchase but at least now I can use my van batteries or power tank instead of relying on the scope's meak battery power. :D

I have just discovered that digital back issues of Sky&Telescope magazine are available right back to the 1940s.

http://www.shopatsky.com/category/sky-and-telescope-back-issues/?m=topnav_backissues

You have to create an account and log-in. Then once ordered, it is an instant digital transfer of a .pdf file. It is a full colour scan of the actual printed issue.

I've just bought an issue from 1980 for $5.99 as I'd read that it contained a particular article that I was interested in. I haven't even read the article yet, because I've been having such a good time browsing through to see how astronomy magazines were over 30 years ago and what equipment was available then.

I will be buying some more of these back issues.

Been after some Bins for a while and just bought a set of Visionary Neoma 15X70 :D can't wait to get my hands on them :D

Didn't last long :( some light fingers person has already had them away.....:(

Didn't last long :( some light fingers person has already had them away..... :(

No way! :( How, where from, when etc...

Didn't last long :( some light fingers person has already had them away..... :(

awww tom thats awful.  I have a pair of Nikon 12 x 50 you can have that i dont use, but they are nowhere near as good as those i dont think?  not very knowledgeable bout bino's

Sheila

Can only have happened when I was transferring things between house and car. I really have no idea as I just went to the car to get them and they were gone. They were out of view I thought and the car is always locked but the only time I can think it wasn't was at the weekend when I was transferring things between home and car. Kicking myself now :(

Thanks Sheila I really appreciate the offer but I'm taking it as a hard lesson and will leave it a while before I decide if i'll replace them

Thanks Sheila I really appreciate the offer but I'm taking it as a hard lesson and will leave it a while before I decide if i'll replace them

OK no problem Tom

Sheila :)

That's such a terrible shame-sorry to hear it. I will keep an eye on the usual places and see if they come up for sale and let you know Tom. Might be worth posting on all the forums what's happened so we can all keep an eye out together?

Footprint for the mobile Astro residence. Just need to get a carpet and lamps now and I'm all ready for star parties.