PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

A rubber motorcycle inner tube :) can you guess what it's for :D

If it is for modding the counterweights could you let me know what size is required and exactly what to do as I want to do this to my counterweights for the NEQ6 but don't know what to do???

If it is for modding the counterweights could you let me know what size is required and exactly what to do as I want to do this to my counterweights for the NEQ6 but don't know what to do???

Get your self one of these and cut it into strips radially turn it inside out then stretch it over the weights :D

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=190493402003

Edited by Teslar

Guest Kheldar

Altair 11" Black Losmandy Plate (ABS one was knackered)

Custom WO-Moonlite adaptor (Thanks to Steve and Graham!)

A whole bunch of bits for a new battery box ... (Keep an eye on the DIY forum, this one's going to be fun :D)

Skywatcher Nirvana 28mm from FLO for use in the dob, hope it`s as good as the reviews suggest? :D

Should be good Mark, my 16mm Nirvana is my favourite ep at the moment! Give us a first-light report when you can?

Cheers

Ron

Astronomik CLS clip filter for the canon 1100d,

now all i need to order are some clear skies and alittle warmer weather

Lp not as bad as you would think in sandiacre but I do have a number of street lights close by so hoping for good things from the filter, spoke to the guy who makes the astronomik filters and he showed us some images he had taken with and without the filter in his light polluted area and the difference was amazing and he was using an unmodded camera

13mm Televue Ethos from ABS :D arriving tomorrow :D The collection has begun :D

Very nice :) .

If it is as it appeared in the pictures it will be Pete :) just 12 months old and used once. Bought as a pair if 13mm ethos' at last years astrofest for binoviewing but never used for this purpose! Bargain :)

If it is as it appeared in the pictures it will be Pete :) just 12 months old and used once. Bought as a pair if 13mm ethos' at last years astrofest for binoviewing but never used for this purpose! Bargain :)

Can't wait to see what you think to the Ethos when you do a first light report. There will be a big grin on your face. The view will be so wide, you'll feel you could climb in and walk around inside it. :D .