PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Not a clue Phil :D That's the reason I ordered it, excercise and some downhill action. Had an old one clapped out one, needed new seat, forks and brakes and it was free so I thought I'd treat myself to a new one rather than spending money fixing that one.

I come from Belper lane end, but I'll see how it is without anything on my back first :) the ride home will be fun down a huge hill

Edited by Eddy

Flight case from maplins. I knew this was inevitable, SWMBO has said she wants my astro gear to be..........I'm sorry, I just need a minute...........TIDIED AWAY and out of sight!!!! :D

punahaqa.jpg

Oh I used to get that all the time Felix - now she complains I have too many cases and box fulls of astro gear cluttering the place up lol. Nice job though and it'll keep the kit free from dew and damp :)

"I'm embarrassed to show off my latest purchase!"

Are you sure we're ok in the dark with you James? First time I've seen Anne Sommers astro accessories hahaha :)

Flight case from maplins. I knew this was inevitable, SWMBO has said she wants my astro gear to be..........I'm sorry, I just need a minute...........TIDIED AWAY and out of sight!!!! :Dpunahaqa.jpg

well you should be so lucky.    i got that comment from hubby :o

Sheila

"I'm embarrassed to show off my latest purchase!"

Are you sure we're ok in the dark with you James? First time I've seen Anne Sommers astro accessories hahaha :)

not seen mine then kim ;)  anne summers very useful :lol:

Sheila

An EOS clip-filter for the modded 1000d (not cheap for a little piece of plastic!!)

The money's in the technology Ron (that's what I have to tell myself at least lol) :)

An EOS clip-filter for the modded 1000d (not cheap for a little piece of plastic!!)

Ron you will soon discover as I did,, it is worth every penny. :2thumbsup:

Guest T A WOW

hard foam filled flight case for my Baader Hyperions, with some spare room for some extras. (filters, powermates etc)

£50 from Maplins. sturdy, water resistant. not a bad purchase I think seeing as when its full it'll hold nearly £2,000 worth of kit. it'll be a while till its full though!!!

Nice one Tobias - wait till you fill up a flight case with the green stuff and tot it up - I nearly fainted lol :)

Nice one Tobias - wait till you fill up a flight case with the green stuff and tot it up - I nearly fainted lol :)

That's my ambition-a whole case of TV's :D

Good looking case. I was thinking of getting one of those to hold my ccd's. current case isn't waterproof ;)

Guest angusw2

Celestron 9x63 binos and a Skywatcher 9x50 fully corrected right angle finder for the dob. I should be able to find things easier now!

Angus

And I picked up a Pelicase 1600 from eBay with the thought of keeping my EQ6 mount in it.

Angus

I recently got a Peli 1600 from eBay too and it fits the NEQ6 Pro perfectly and is solid-great purchase. I got mine for an absolute song too :D You won't regret the purchase

Guest angusw2

Yes Felix, I think mine was a good price too and its got an insert set in with velcro dividers that I can probably sell and get some money back. Result!

Also got a copy od 'Herschel 400 Observing Guide' by Stephen James O'Meara to keep me busy!

Angus

Not strictly astro, but it is for transporting a person or scope to meets and parties. The camper now has, fitted all by myself, a three point seat belt in the back. We're getting very modern lol.