PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Guest T A WOW

I Totaly have the bestest SWMBO ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bresser messier AC 152/1200 OTA.

Awsome to the max!!!!!!

4 position filter wheel (visual)

(fed up of finding, screwing on etc1)

Now a 1.Clear 2.LP 3. UHC 4. OIII

Ron

Congrats toby, you will enjoy that scope, get an extension made for your tripod now, it makes observing more comfy and you will see more.

Ron, I use filter wheels for visual, much less hassle and you can swap between filters quickly to compare views

Guest CodnorPaul

Celestron Skymasters from the good lady as a late Birthday present

Edited by CodnorPaul

4 position filter wheel (visual)(fed up of finding, screwing on etc1)Now a 1.Clear 2.LP 3. UHC 4. OIII Ron

I think it is a nice convenient luxury for visual.

Being able to swap filters in a second means you will instantly see the subtle difference made by the different filters or non at all. Sometimes by the time you've screwed one out and screwed another in, you've forgotten what that nebula looked like before :)

Ordered an Altair 60mm Miniguider yesterday & it arrived today. Good quick delivery.  

Still in the box but looks great.

Hopefully will get a chance to give it a try in the next day or two. (just thinking that should be enough to guarantee cloud!)

MINIGUIDER60_NIK2272-500w-01.jpg

I could probably have converted my existing 7x50 finder, but this just looked too nice to pass up and since when did common sense become

take precedence over an "ooh that looks nice" purchase  :)

Guest Kheldar

Last piece of the puzzle, Extender-ED for the Baby-Q giving me the full compliment of:

Reduced - 329mm @ f3.9

Prime - 450mm @ f5.3

Extended - 675mm @ f7.9

Last piece of the puzzle, Extender-ED for the Baby-Q giving me the full compliment of:

Reduced - 329mm @ f3.9

Prime - 450mm @ f5.3

Extended - 675mm @ f7.9

you are saying thats it... no more kit :rolleyes:

Guest Kheldar

you are saying thats it... no more kit :rolleyes:

Yeah right :-)

I simply meant last piece of the puzzle with regards to the 85 ... next thing will be a second scope :lol:

I simply meant last piece of the puzzle with regards to the 85 ... next thing will be a second scope :lol:

:facepalm: