PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Nice-which 25x100's did you get pete? I am getting graham to make me a P-mount for my 25x100s-can't wait :)

I have the Celestron Skymasters and also considering a P-mount.

Was that one of the books off ebay Pete? Ive been umming and arrring over these for some time may treat myself and relive some fond memories. A mate of mine, when I were a lad, had the full set, which I borrowed repeateldly, it helped me build my early scopes

Got mine from abebooks.co.uk on a tip from Richard (peepshow).

It came from California and cost only about £15 including postage, but is an excellent secondhand copy. It took just a fortnight to get here. The new reprints go for up to £35 each on Amazon.

I used to go to my local library reference section and study the 3 volumes of ATM when I was a teenager hundreds of years ago :lol: , whilst building an 8.5" newt.

Just ordered new metal dob stand for my 10" reflector.

It's coming from orion optics, and should be ready in about three weeks. I'm going to fetch it from the factory when its made. And we're going to have a tour of the factory. I'm such a geek :-D

Just got a copy of   Sky & Telescope's Pocket Sky Atlas  

(Technically not my latest purchase ..... it was an anniversary gift from my wife!)

It seems I mentioned it once and she remembered  ........  maybe it's worth mentioning  'Atik314L+' a few times before xmas   :D

"It's coming from orion optics, and should be ready in about three weeks. I'm going to fetch it from the factory when its made. And we're going to have a tour of the factory"

That's fabulous Wayne - should be really interesting - I don't find it geeky at all - but then us geeks don't do we? lol :lol:

Nice one Wayne, youll enjoy the visit, Ive been there a couple of times, friendly folks, a bit difficult to find 1st time though as its tucked away well on the industrial estate.

Just ordered new metal dob stand for my 10" reflector.

It's coming from orion optics, and should be ready in about three weeks. I'm going to fetch it from the factory when its made. And we're going to have a tour of the factory. I'm such a geek :-D

Well done Wayne. I'd love to have a look around their factory :)

Not strictly astro - but astro related - long johns and thermal top so I can stay outside longer and warmer at star camps/club meets etc. lol :)

Well done Wayne. I'd love to have a look around their factory :)
I wonder if they will let a group of us in? LOL :-D might be a good idea. I could ask.

A bus load of us lot might frighten the poor sod. :-D

Guest CodnorPaul

An empty wallet!

NEQ6 Pro, scope coat for Kelling, 110Ah battery and Catman161 battery box - now stop and start saving again...

Amended - sorry Felix :notworthy:

Edited by CodnorPaul

An empty wallet!

NEQ6 Pro, scope coat for Kelling, 110Ah battery and Catman101 battery box - now stop and start saving again...

Who is this catman101 imposter?! :)

Al,

the cover I got is heavy duty water proof nylon with eyelets for tying down and a draw cord. Exactly the same dimensions as the one at Greenwitch and cost £16.99 from a garden centre. As recommended by Kim.

Ahh well .... It's only money  LoL

Mine has just been delivered.

Described as:

Premium Woven polyester cover is specially treated to protect against snow, frost, rain, pollution and birds.  What's more it is ultra violet stabilised to protect against the harmful effects of sunlight and its weather-gardT protection means it's 100% waterproof.

I guess that's how they justify the extra ...... sounds so good I'm considering camping out in it   :D