PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Mini oil filled radiator to keep my van toasty warm for me at Kelling
we found using a convector heater works very well. It heat's up instantly and like the oil type is completely silent. :-)

purchased a Skywatcher 32mm Panaview eyepiece, very big piece of glass.

also the postman bought me a £40 fine for parking too long in ALDI car park, "B******S"

purchased a Skywatcher 32mm Panaview eyepiece, very big piece of glass.

also the postman bought me a £40 fine for parking too long in ALDI car park, "B******S"

:facepalm:

Nothing like hanging on to customers you got hey!

I don't think private companies can enforce parking fines on private land can they?

Unless it's an official fine on the public highway then I would be tempted to just ignore it and go use another store. They'll have to go to court to enforce it and if you can prove you were shopping in the store at that time (eg with a dated store receipt) they'll be on very sticky ground with a judge. I doubt they'd bother taking it that far......

Eyepiece:  Type 5 20mm 2" Nagler if the sale goes through ok. :)

That`ll be the nice example that was for sale on SGL then?

Altair 2" - 1.25" self centering EP adapter

GSO Crayford focuser base plate (trying this before committing to the focuser..very very close to matching the holes in my tube).

how big are they? Can you get your dob in it LOL :-)

:lol: nope they expand up to 48 Litres, combined with a 60L rucksack should allow me to take a decent amount of stuff, maybe to even do some widefield imaging

2 inch Skywatcher O111 filter to use in the 28mm Nirvana.

I have one of these Mark  to use in my 28mm Uwan and you will be stunned when you look at the Veil.

I have one of these Mark  to use in my 28mm Uwan and you will be stunned when you look at the Veil.

Great stuff, i bought it for exactly that and also to try to tease more detail out of the North American nebula.

Second that. I got one last year at Ikea (ironic, given it's a free car park) for not parking in a proper spot. Ignored it, never heard anything more. They rely on the offer of a reduced "fine" for settling quickly to get people to cough up rather than paying the full amount.