PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Thanks for the offer Mick :)

Not sure yet about the setting circles - Wixey is the first thing I'll put on it - then I may get an electronic AZ setting circle. First though I have to get the lifting side of it sorted with levers, fulcrums, handles, and wheels. :)

first time i had tried guiding was at kelling last week Ron, so simple i wish i`d tried it ages ago, was doing 5 minute subs with great results, well great as far as i`m concerned, good look with it it`s a great camera for guiding and a light weight finder / scope too, you should have no problems

OK!! Never used one before so the learning curve gets steeper Rob!!

They are great little cameras Ron, work a treat with PHD, Ive never had any probs with mine. Also don't forget to try it as a lunar and planetary camera, well worth a play.

This...

jxzw.jpg

Containing these..

qhpv.jpg

So, apologies for:- 

1) - the weather, which will probably now stay like today for the foreseeable future

2) - the inevitable list of questions as I figure out what the hell I'm doing...

Guest CodnorPaul

Nice Alan - I have a single fork arm mount, Nexstar 8SE, so if you have any specific questions/problems feel free to give me a shout (there are far more knowledgeable people on here but not many with that set up).  Cracking scopes - enjoy

ASI120MC arrived today :) I only ordered it on the 10th.

A few of you now with these-am tempted myself at the price but something pulls me toward the colour IMG0H. Either way it won't be for a while the house is literally costing me thousands to sort out!

Woohoooo AZEQ6 GT and LB 16" both arrived this morning - just weighting for ramps now so I can get it in the car lol. :)

Woohoooo AZEQ6 GT and LB 16" both arrived this morning - just weighting for ramps now so I can get it in the car lol. :)

Totally jealous!!!

Just arrived - the ramps for getting the LB in and out of the boot. :)

Looking forward to seeing you and Nick tomorrow Rob :)