PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Woohoooo AZEQ6 GT and LB 16" both arrived this morning - just weighting for ramps now so I can get it in the car lol. :)
nice one:-) Form an orderly queue behind Kim LOL ;-)

I'll have to bring the LB down to your new garden for a session Felix :)

Anytime Kim you're always welcome :)

110ah Leisure battery.

Will be sorting out the box, charger, DC-DC converter (for the laptop) and a few other bits over the weekend

Guest angusw2

Posted ImagePosted Image

110 amp hour leisure battery built into a Draper tool box with three plug in sockets, all individually fused with separate isolator switches and a master isolator inside. Being tested with my dew bands. It's not finished yet as I want to put a voltage readout on it and a charging plug.

Angus

Just purchased a Baader RGB IR/UV filter set and filter wheel for use with the ASI120MM, as I do miss colour images. B)

Ooooo nice :thumbsup: @sheila

early christmas present from hubby who had no idea what to buy me, so i asked :lol:  he did flinch a bit :o

wish my wife was a generous Sheila, lucky if i end up with a box of maltesers for xmas, then i have to share !

old stuff stays with me   :evil:

I meant as in what are you doing with it, the Tak you have now is a tad excessive for a guide scope if you wanted to go down that route, other than slap a CCD on the new one as well, what you gonna do?

I meant as in what are you doing with it, the Tak you have now is a tad excessive for a guide scope if you wanted to go down that route, other than slap a CCD on the new one as well, what you gonna do?

gonna slap a CCD on the new scope as well,  wide field with the 106, and chase smaller stuff with the 130.  gives me FL 1.6m extended

And no 106 will not be a guide scope :o

Ha ha, fantastic stuff, cant wait to see that bad boy in action.

2 x imaging, Stephen is gonna have a fit supporting that - lol.

:facepalm::D:lol:

Guest Kheldar

It's all about the FOV - you dirty visual lot change the FOV with EPs ... imaging you need to change the focal length of the scope and/or the CCD size :)

Guest Kheldar

Ha ha, fantastic stuff, cant wait to see that bad boy in action.

2 x imaging, Stephen is gonna have a fit supporting that - lol.

:facepalm::D:lol:

:facepalm:

ooo fancy Sheila, you'll be needing a bigger mount again at this rate :)

mount will actually carry both scopes at once ;)