PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Ooooh what a lovely pair, even if they are a bit lob sided ;):lol:

I take it you are on about the OTA's?

Guest Kheldar

Ooooh what a lovely pair, even if they are a bit lob sided ;):lol:

One's always bigger than the other ;)

I take it you are on about the OTA's?

What else would he be on about? :blink:

Not a purchase as such, more a salvage.

Why Does E=MC2   (And why should we care) by Brian Cox & Jeff Forshaw First edition paperback.

It was being thrown out from the library at work today, in perfect unread condition!

Eddys SPC900, the reason for this learning curve is - after actually spending time observing and not old dog sitting, I've found the brightness triggers my migraines. Am I the only one who is also light sensitive in the dark as well as the day? :-/

I'm not sure if using both eyes would be better for my head, I guess that would help with my balance issues. :-$

Eddys SPC900, the reason for this learning curve is - after actually spending time observing and not old dog sitting, I've found the brightness triggers my migraines. Am I the only one who is also light sensitive in the dark as well as the day? :-/

I'm not sure if using both eyes would be better for my head, I guess that would help with my balance issues. :-$

nope you are not the only one, i have reactalite lenses in all my specs, day and night

nope you are not the only one, i have reactalite lenses in all my specs, day and night

And me, but they don't react in cars or inside, so I also have medium, permanent tinted glasses for when inside under artificial light, sunglasses for when driving and a pair for listening to the radio lol. It's a pain isn't it!!

mine do react inside???  especially if the light are bright?  What kills me is street lights at night and headlights :(  like

having knife through your eyeball :(  Ah well such is life :lol:

mine do react inside??? especially if the light are bright? What kills me is street lights at night and headlights :( like

having knife through your eyeball :( Ah well such is life :lol:

Mine are from Specsavers and work on uv I think :-/ Good description of it, some car headlights need banning! I'm the prat in a sun hat - even under low wattage bulbs in the winter lol.

Last time I read a book was a good 3 years ago, but the post on Chris Hadfield visiting Leicester reminded me I'd still not preordered his guide to life on earth, so I've just ordered it :)

Thanks to Martyn for putting me on to it, I now have a £600 ish trailer which I have just bought for £200!!!!

I can even fit everything in it, great for star parties!

No more money wasting hiring the old one from now on, this bad boy is brand new, only used 4/5 times!

Thanks to Martyn for putting me on to it, I now have a £600 ish trailer which I have just bought for £200!!!!

No more money wasting hiring the old one from now on, this bad boy is brand new, only used 4/5 times!

Hire it out and get some dosh back ;)

Orion Dual Finder scope mounting bracket, so I can mount my finder scope and finder/guider scope as well!

That's a brill find and purchase, you'll be buying a bargain trailer tent next. ;-)

Not really a purchase, since I haven't yet paid. Graham insisted I make sure it works first.

It is an anodised aluminium bracket with a SkyWatcher shoe on top, which clamps onto the bar on my 25x100 binoculars (and probably 20x80s) to allow any finder to be used.

Shown with my laser and RDF. You can even fit an optical finder provided it has a SkyWatcher fitting.

Another first by ASTROTEC :thumbsup:

Nice job Graham, thanks :)

20131028_124535_resized.jpg  20131028_131234_resized.jpg

20131028_131414_resized.jpg