PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Red light and torch pack from Aldi's (as discussed earlier in the thread) and an Orion dual finderscope mounting bracket!

Well, I'm now a proud owner of a blue tube Skywatcher Startravel 150 on a black EQ5.

And the best bit is it matches my fishing box and eye piece case. :-)

Altair Astro 80mm Maxi RACI Finder

You'll enjoy using that Tobias.

Mine is pretty much the same thing and it is brilliant for finding fainter stuff.

Edited by petersull

Yep, I know its a nasty reflector but its a darned sight more refractorish than the 8" newt which its replacing. The newt was a bosting scope with great optics but i just could not get used to it on an eq mount, weird. The mak is also a more manageable alternative to the 6" f10 Istar refractor I was thinking of earlier this year.

oh and your right Martyn, i have regretted selling my little mak 127 the other year, great scopes those

The night sky observers guide volume 1, Autunm and Winter. Looks to be a great book.

That does look good mark, one for my Christmas list I think.

Altair Astro eq6 pier adapter, excellent service from the guys. at last i can mount the eq6 mount to my obsy pier.

A ZWO ASI120MC planetary camera! Oh man the wife's gonna be unhappy ( what's new ;) ) I will be happy though so wahoo!

A ZWO ASI120MC planetary camera! Oh man the wife's gonna be unhappy ( what's new ;) ) I will be happy though so wahoo!

Hehe so you finally gave in :) I'm sure you won't be disappointed

can you use RO water for that?

I imagine you probably can Wayne. I am only using triple filtered, double distilled water as I have been assured that it will definitely not leave water marks on the primary when it's evaporated.

5nm Baader Ha filter

First light last night

I like it

I suppose I will wish I got the Astrodon in time

Edited by Ibbo

The Night Sky Observers Guide, Volume 2, Spring and Summer.

I was very impressed with volume 1 so it seemed the sensible thing to do. :)