PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

The Night Sky Observers Guide, Volume 2, Spring and Summer.

I was very impressed with volume 1 so it seemed the sensible thing to do. :)

I ought to be on commission :D

The new Telrad base and shroud came for the Lightbridge yesterday - so I was able to assemble it and give it a bit of a first light last night on the front drive. The moon was just amazing in the supplied 26mm eyepiece. But with LPR and a half moon everything else was just washed out - it's begging for a session at Belper or Wymewold. :)

The new Telrad base and shroud came for the Lightbridge yesterday - so I was able to assemble it and give it a bit of a first light last night on the front drive. The moon was just amazing in the supplied 26mm eyepiece. But with LPR and a half moon everything else was just washed out - it's begging for a session at Belper or Wymewold. :)

Sounds awesome Kim-when do we get pictures ?!!

Weekend probably Felix - when Di comes over. She's the only one who knows how to operate the camera - I can't be arsed with the small screens and ridiculously tiny icons that do my head in lol. :)

Weekend probably Felix - when Di comes over. She's the only one who knows how to operate the camera - I can't be arsed with the small screens and ridiculously tiny icons that do my head in lol. :)

Cool :)

Just swapped an HEQ5 for a SW 127 Mak and a CG5GT Goto (thanks Mark). I'm keeping the scope and the mount is going straight up for sale lol. :)

I know, I'm well chuffed, got to sell more stuff now for more eye pieces lol.

very nice Cazz. Now the fun starts with getting double of all those eyepieces.

is this for the 150 by any chance, if they are I suspect you will have focus problems and only be able to use them with a barlow. However there will be no probs with C8

Just swapped an HEQ5 for a SW 127 Mak and a CG5GT Goto (thanks Mark). I'm keeping the scope and the mount is going straight up for sale lol. :)

welcome to the Mak brigade Kim

Still deciding on that one Phil, I'm going have a good play with both with different filters and things, when it's clear like. They did come with a little Barlow, is this suitable for the 150?

It's a fabulous little finder scope and the adjustable focuser tube is spot on.

The only thing I'm not too enamoured with is the guide scope rings - it's a pig aligning the finder with the main tube - especially with a camera attached - the rings and screws need to be much heavier duty to enable precise positioning. Let me know if you find a "useful technique" Rob. :)