PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Not as flashy as Stephens buy (or as expensive!)

A pair of Canon 10x30 Image Stabilised binoculars! :)

another Lakside focus motor

I'm not messing about trying to focus in the field about 10 foot away from the screen again

Just pressed the button on a small addition to my rig ......

Now thats interesting, well done. I shall be watching closely and asking questions :-)

skywatcher_eq8_mount.jpg

:ladyshock: :ladyshock: :ladyshock: :ladyshock: :ladyshock: :ladyshock: :ladyshock: :ladyshock: :ladyshock: :ladyshock:

I don't think they did, it may have been a prototype that went straight to EQ8. There were rumours, and one of the big suppliers, maybe FLO, had pics of some new beastie, but I don't recall it making it to market.

Guest Kheldar

I don't think they did, it may have been a prototype that went straight to EQ8. There were rumours, and one of the big suppliers, maybe FLO, had pics of some new beastie, but I don't recall it making it to market.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rrUwe3Se3Q

Scope 'n' Skies ... it never made it to production

Edited by Kheldar

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rrUwe3Se3Q

Scope 'n' Skies ... it never made it to production

Thanks, not seen that video.

Just pressed the button on a small addition to my rig ......

Should've got a GM1000 :D

Just kidding Stephen! That is a corker of a mount from what I've heard/read/watched. When's it due to land at your doorstep?

Guest Kheldar

Just kidding Stephen! That is a corker of a mount from what I've heard/read/watched. When's it due to land at your doorstep?

That would have cost me double the EQ8 at least :ladyshock:

The ship is due in early January so I'm hoping for mid Jan ... end of worst case :)

have to agree, he should have :thumbsup:

Hahaha! Caught on the slippery spending slide going downwards fast - it'll never end you know Felix :lol:

Lol, that's very much it for now Kim, unless an outstandingly priced meg 90 or 21mm ethos came along that I couldn't ignore ;)

Lol, that's very much it for now Kim, unless an outstandingly priced meg 90 or 21mm ethos came along that I couldn't ignore ;)

Funny you should say that - there's a very nice 21mm Ethos just gone up for sale on SGL at £410 less than a year old hahahaha! :lol: