PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

2014 Yearbook of Astronomy (for the Christmas stocking)

Hardback : listed at £20, but if you get it from Amazon (Prime) its only £10.60    A steal at that price....... :)

11331092016_e38c0a2471.jpg

image by rob.0919, on Flickr

Guest Kheldar

Another fine piece of engineering from Graham :girlywub:

Replacement Azimuth locking bolts (note not adjustment bolts, locking bolts) for the EQ8 because the stock ones are hex headed jobbies :facepalm:

No allen keys in the field for me!

2013-12-13%2011.49.33.jpg

Another one for the Xmas stocking.........

Lowe Alpine 'Turbine convertible mitts'  (£28 from Cotswolds, Notts)

Size X-L.  They feel great, and tick all the right boxes.....Thanks to 'Big-Al' for the tip  ;)

11368397496_cb921cc397.jpg

......and just ordered this off eBay. Hope its what i need to get my camera & scopes 'coupled' so i can try some basic astrophotography.

There doesn't seem to be anywhere in the UK that stocks a T-ring thats compatible with the Fuji X - Mount. (and i've looked everywhere)

11372116864_1d8e2b8418.jpg

Edited by Bino-viewer

.....bit of a stab in the dark Ron. But it looks to be what i need (i think)

Most t-rings i've seen here are literally just the ring which them screws into a standard adapter. This is a bit different. 

Be interesting to see how long it takes to arrive.......its shipping from GuangZhou, China.

I don't normally buy eBay stuff from outside the UK, but this was only £9.17 & free shipping. 

Arrival time is quoted as Dec 30 - Jan 16

Wonder if i'll have to pay any duty etc........?  Guess it won't be much though  :unsure:

Hi Rob, stuff I've bought from China takes 2 weeeks normally and I've never paid any duty on them.. :)

Guest Philmarriott

Woo hoo just ordered a Canon 1100d so hopefully get it before xmas. Its Rob Slacks fault. Cost me a fortune in the last two months gone from nothing to Celestron C8-N on a CG5, celestron 15x70 binos, philips spc900 webcam, dslr camera and many miscellaneous items!

Guest devil74

Some astro gloves for those cold nights

GSO dual speed Crayford focuser to replace the stock rack and pinion one.

1.25" dew heater

Wixey digital angle gauge

Edited by devil74

I have just got a Celestron 11ich CPC HD EDGE getting great viewing tried 400 times mag and got a clear sharp image of the Moon I all so could see more faint objects than in my Mead 10inc  LX200  but rain and cloud since

Stephen

I have just got a Celestron 11ich CPC HD EDGE getting great viewing tried 400 times mag and got a clear sharp image of the Moon I all so could see more faint objects than in my Mead 10inc  LX200  but rain and cloud since

Stephen

Nice one Stephen, is it going to permanently mounted in your obsy?

DRUMROLL.................

A Baader Planetarium ultrashort (10mm) SCT  T - Adapter.

Excitement over....  :screwloose: !!  ;)

Why it cost £28 (from F1) i really don't know. Crazy. There's nothing to it. This hobby's too darn expensive  :lol:

11485519014_bee19f9fd4.jpg

Guest devil74

20131220_131956_zpszp1v1ekv.jpg

All the way from sunny California a new Crayford focuser... so much smoother than the rack and pinion and didn't cost the earth.

Edited by devil74