PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

DRUMROLL.................

A Baader Planetarium ultrashort (10mm) SCT  T - Adapter.

Excitement over....  :screwloose: !!  ;)

Why it cost £28 (from F1) i really don't know. Crazy. There's nothing to it. This hobby's too darn expensive  :lol:

11485519014_bee19f9fd4.jpg

image by rob.0919, on Flickr

Well Rob if you were to buy the Aluminium Billet and then spend a couple of hours machining it up you would understand why it costs so much. ;) ;) :)

Take my word for it  £28.00 is cheap compared to some of the adapters I have made for folks.

Guest T A WOW
Well Rob if you were to buy the Aluminium Billet and then spend a couple of hours machining it up you would understand why it costs so much. ;) ;) :)

Take my word for it  £28.00 is cheap compared to some of the adapters I have made for folks.

That'd probably take 3 minutes to make on a decent CNC millturn. And the material probably cost about £2. So quite expensive considering how many they'll turn out in a short time.

An early Christmas present :) it was too big to wrap or hide :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And filled with the contents if three tote bins :D

Posted Image

I'm chuffed as punch :)

That'd probably take 3 minutes to make on a decent CNC millturn. And the material probably cost about £2. So quite expensive considering how many they'll turn out in a short time.

Thats true but first you have to splash out the 100 grand plus on the cnc machine.

Then there's the rent and rates on the building to put it in. Plus the electric and heating.

Then you have to pay someone to run the machine.

These things tend to get over looked by the person paying for the item.

It all adds up Tobias.

Trust me I know. ;):lol: :lol:

Edited by Graham

Guest T A WOW
Thats true but first you have to splash out the 100 grand plus on the cnc machine.

Then there's the rent and rates on the building to put it in. Plus the electric and heating.

Then you have to pay someone to run the machine.

These things tend to get over looked by the person paying for the item.

It all adds up Tobias.

Trust me I know. ;):lol: :lol:

Yeah thats true :lol:

Edited by T A WOW

Whilst I am a dirty visual sort of guy, the inevitable itch has been scratched and I am now the proud owner of an NEQ6 Pro to compliment my ED80. ;)

Guest Kheldar

Whilst I am a dirty visual sort of guy, the inevitable itch has been scratched and I am now the proud owner of an NEQ6 Pro to compliment my ED80. ;)

dark_side_by_bercley-d4iemyo.jpg

Guest twintin

Just taken delivery of a new (to me) xm21x power supply. Picked it up from the bay of fleas for £16, ex Leicestershire police and they even pat tested it before sending it out. Its certainly cured my red flickering light problem i was experiencing when slewing.

I bought a similar thing of flea bay, hardly used and no more power problems, added a 4 port cigar adapter to run the dew bands off it also and so far no problems at all

Guest CodnorPaul

Maplins flight case, Rigel Quickfinder so I can get rid of the rubbish RDF Celestron provide, Baader OIII 2" filter and a Meade polarizing moon filter (impressed with this - don't have to remove the EP to change polarization as I have seen on all others).  Now just need to source a decent table to use when observing, and then maybe a solar filter or a new EP (possibly 26mm 2" Panaview as have the 32mm one).

CCDInspector. My images have been crap with a serious gradient that gradient terminator cannot even correct. Now I can see where my problems are...:)

.....Now just need to source a decent table to use when observing....

Hey Paul, I just use a wallpaper pasting tabled to

B&Q @ £9.99 and then removed the terrible MDF top and got B&Q to cut me a couple of pieces of 3 ply (£14) to the correct dimensions for the frame of the table and screwed the new table tops in position and varnished. I now have a convenient and sturdy folding table that fits nicely in the boot of the car with the rat rest of my astro gear :)