PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Guest CodnorPaul

Hey Paul, I just use a wallpaper pasting tabled to

B&Q @ £9.99 and then removed the terrible MDF top and got B&Q to cut me a couple of pieces of 3 ply (£14) to the correct dimensions for the frame of the table and screwed the new table tops in position and varnished. I now have a convenient and sturdy folding table that fits nicely in the boot of the car with the rat rest of my astro gear :)

Thanks Felix - all sorted now - got a table from Decathlon, and dew heater band for Quickfinder as well as desiccant cap for OTA - that's me done for now, putting a camera on backburner as don't fancy carting a laptop around as well - spend my working life with a laptop so its nice to get away from it!

Dishwasher and fridge,

not astro related but it does give me brownie points for the astrofest show in February !

if I come back with a new camera or scope there's not going to be much complaining from the wife.

Just bought an AA 8-inch Carbon tube RC

Waiting for the postman.....

Very nice Francis!

Dishwasher and fridge,

not astro related but it does give me brownie points for the astrofest show in February !

if I come back with a new camera or scope there's not going to be much complaining from the wife.

Well if we are going with non-astro I just bought a dishwasher, tumble dryer and the most expensive mattress I have ever had (£1600!) it nearly killed me handing that over for a mattress! Imagine the astro gear I could have bought! I said that to swmbo at the time too!

Imagine the astro gear I could have bought! I said that to swmbo at the time too!

How's the black eye doing? :lol:

How's the black eye doing? :lol:

Lucky for me I am pretty fast-managed to dodge it this time! :D

Guest fwm891

Very nice Francis!

Well if we are going with non-astro I just bought a dishwasher, tumble dryer and the most expensive mattress I have ever had (£1600!) it nearly killed me handing that over for a mattress! Imagine the astro gear I could have bought! I said that to swmbo at the time too!

And I can imagine the response too!

Guest fwm891

Non-astro related today, a fender bass guitar!

Great stuff Ron - I make acoustics and electro acoustics but never tried to build a bass

Great stuff Ron - I make acoustics and electro acoustics but never tried to build a bass

Hi Francis,

I have played guitar since I was 14 years old and love everything to do with them. I don't suppose you have any pictures I the guitars you have made do you? I would love to see if you did :)

Guest fwm891

click on the flickr link in my sig

Four of my acoustics, not finished the ES175, ES335(dot) and another Les Paul.

Edited by fwm891

Very nice Francis - I especially like the Classical guitar - long time since I played seriously though. :)

Excellent Francis, they certainly look the business and sound great as well I bet, thanks!!

Cheers

Ron

Guest devil74

Phillips SPC900NC...i have plans for some planetary imaging in a few months so here thought this would a good start...don't think I've crossed to the dark side yet though.

Antares 'Female' SCT -  2" adapter

& 'Bobs Knobs collimation screws for my C8.

Very speedy delivery from RVO..... :thumbsup:

Guest Kheldar

QSI CCD camera

You did NOT buy the one I was looking at :bat: :bat: :girlycry: :jealous: :green:

Edited by Kheldar