PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

I have been coveting a QSI for some years

you can can't you Stephen

but I do wonder if it will be welcome to the "darks" side

Edited by Ibbo

I very like the idea of the integrated filter wheel and OAG and the brass monkeys cooling. :rockon::thumbsup:

Please no aquarium type water cooling :facepalm::bat:

but not the the idea of the Kodak and the darks :nonono: :nonono: 

I very like the idea of the integrated filter wheel and OAG and the brass monkeys cooling. :rockon::thumbsup:

Please no aquarium type water cooling :facepalm::bat:

but not the the idea of the Kodak and the darks :nonono: :nonono:

well this is kick ass cooling and no darks :)  its not a kodak chip

well this is kick ass cooling and no darks :)  its not a kodak chip

thats good

I stopped looking at the specs a while ago as I cannot have one

yet

No darks ... 814 sensor ... do I recall someone talking us out of getting the 814 sensor Steve? :whistle::girlycry:

erm i dont think that was me :P  you two did that all by yourselves :harhar:

I stand by that decision for my kit and seeing conditions

I would say that though

though if somebody wants to chuck me a SX ATIK or QSI with that sensor I'll have it :whistle: :whistle:

Edited by Ibbo

I stand by that decision for my kit and seeing conditions

I would say that though

though if somebody wants to chuck me a SX ATIK or QSI with that sensor I'll have it :whistle: :whistle:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That's amazingly similar to the Wixey angle guage - in fact - looking at mine - it's almost identical - rebadged maybe? The beauty of it is you can fit it and start using straight away. Just get the elevation from Stellarium or CduC - set the tube to height - and pan left/right in the general area of your object to find it. :)

That is a cracking price, and it has the reference level on the top.

Nice find Gavin, it is defo a useful bit of kit, even if you have a EQ mount, it's handy for leveling that. If you have a Dob, there's half your goto by hand system.

Edit; It turns itself off after five mins, but just turn it back on, it remembers the last calibration and is good to go.

Astronomik CLS EOS clip filter for Canon EOS 400D (non astro modified).  

Right angle (magnified) view finder for Canon EOS 400D

3x Barlow Lens  - xmas pressie 

The Backyard Astronomer's Guide [Hardback] - xmas pressie

2014 Guide to the Night Sky: (Royal Observatory Greenwich) [Paperback] - xmas pressie

Funny how they chose those things and missed my LS60THa Solar scope hints  :D  I'll have to keep dropping the hints and hopefully get one before next years solar eclipse!

Alastair - if you want a look through a Lunt 60 anytime you'd be welcome to pop over one weekend when the sun's up and I'll set ours up on the drive for you. Just let me know and we'll arrange it. :)

Alastair - if you want a look through a Lunt 60 anytime you'd be welcome to pop over one weekend when the sun's up and I'll set ours up on the drive for you. Just let me know and we'll arrange it. :)

Thanks Kim - I may just take you up on that offer at some point.

QSI 690wsg-8, Astrodon 5nm Oiii and Sii to complete the NB set :)

I have no idea what that means. I guess it's expensive though. Cough. Oh no they are the fifty pound ones from America.  :lol:

Guest Kheldar

I have no idea what that means. I guess it's expensive though. Cough. Oh no they are the fifty pound ones from America.   :lol:

Nah not even that, I just swapped them with Martyn for my old ones :whistle:

Edited by Kheldar