PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Guest Hairycamel

Just bought a second hand Skyshed POD home dome! Yippee!

Only snag is it's in Norwich and I'm in North Wales. Ah well, these things are never easy are they!

Guest Hairycamel

I had been half thinking of one for ages, so when I saw that on SGL I just had to pull the trigger and worry about the logistics later!

You might find you have to pay for transporting the obsy over to Wales before you start thinking about fettling lol :)

QSI 690wsg-8, Astrodon 5nm Oiii and Sii to complete the NB set :)

just noticed this, so you took my advice this time :harhar:  i saw it first :P

:o :o :o how very dare you!

because i was the one pointed it out to you :P :p  you were after the new Atik :D

My latest purchase produced it's first result. It was a T-ring and I did a prime focus image of the Moon using an ST80:

http://s197.photobucket.com/user/PhillipPugh/media/MoonY14JanD09_zps365bf421.jpg.html?sort=3&o=8

I'm going to try some brighter DSOs and I will use it with my Skymax 127.

Probably better to put posts like this in the appropriate imaging section Phil, lunar in this case :) Maybe one of the mods will move it for you? You'll get more views/comments that way I would have thought.

It's not really an image I'm looking for feedback on, really. It was my first attempt at learning how to use a new piece of equipment. TBH, I've certainly taken better lunar photos using my Skymax 127 afocally. The Moon is a convenient target for any new imaging set-up, as it is easy to find. Due to the presence of the Moon and weather, I haven't tried a deep sky photo yet, although I did do one of Alcor and Mizar in appallingly bad conditions.

I will be trying the set-up out on some deep sky targets but my Skymax 127 will be used for lunar and planetary shots. This will be more tricky to start with, as the field of view will be much more narrow.

Ok :) maybe the equipment discussion section then. BTW Mods please feel free to remove my posts my original intention was to not clog up this thread :D

Am unsure if it has a real name but it's a "helping hand" for use when soldering. It became apparent recently when doing the power mod to my mount that I can't hold solder, wire, plug and soldering iron all at once! Posted Image

Sort of astro, some wrist sweat bands! Used over the dew band on the finder/guider to keep the heat in ! Hope it works!

My scope coat for the Lightbridge arrived today - it's the d's b's (mostly cos I designed it and had it made to spec).

Would you believe a good 25% cheaper than a Telegizmo - and it pegs out like a ridge tent over the scope for complete all round protection. Pics coming soon. :)