PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

A double 'wheeled' toolbox from B&Q £25. Going to convert the bottom half to a battery box with external 12v conectors and foam insert in the top box for the EQ5 mount.

Small tray for the weight bar etc and pull-out draws for allen-keys screwdrivers etc...

Edited by Ron Clarke

My scope coat for the Lightbridge arrived today - it's the d's b's (mostly cos I designed it and had it made to spec).

Would you believe a good 25% cheaper than a Telegizmo - and it pegs out like a ridge tent over the scope for complete all round protection. Pics coming soon. :)

Look forward to the pics.

You'll like this, it is Kim's :) Ron bought it off him and I've just bought it off Ron :)

didn`t we fight over that Noel off Kim a while back, don`t think it had been used

Edited by red dwalf

Ok I must have my wires crossed as Kim just PM'd me and he still has his Meg 72 so I must be confused! Sorry guys! Lol!

He probably had 2 and is just confused knowing Kim, LOL.

This was Kelling probably more like 3 years ago.

Still, you got a great scope Felix.

SW ED80 Pro and a reducer/flattener for AP (Thanks to Julian buying my 10" Dob and Felix buying the above mentioned Meg72!) :)

Well this is new so I can put it in here :) I originally had the 38mm draw tube moonlite CR2 from FLO on their recommendation but I was having problems with not having enough backfocus. A couple of emails later and Martin at FLO sent me out the 50mm draw the version and I boxed up my 38mm one and made a simple exchange with the fedex driver this morning. Absolutely fantastic customer service from FLO-big thanks to Martin :)

Posted Image

Altair 2"-1.25" Self Centering Eyepiece Adapter, don't like fiddling with screws in the dark!!

Speaking of screwing in the dark  - Is there any equiv of the Altair SCA(self centering) that replaces the threaded connection to the Focal Tube on my SW Dob that is SCA - i.e. without the screws.

All my "bits" (2" - 1.25") are now SCA except for that which still has the screws as delivered.

Hope that makes sense - any help links would be gratefully recvd - TA