PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Oh that is lovely. I'd communicated with the uk pier-tech guy and got specs and prices, but this just looks so much more stable, lighter, elegant.

I wonder if it can easily be used as a pier by some mechanism without the legs...

Nice purchase.

Jd

Oh that is lovely. I'd communicated with the uk pier-tech guy and got specs and prices, but this just looks so much more stable, lighter, elegant.

I wonder if it can easily be used as a pier by some mechanism without the legs...

Nice purchase.

Jd

As far as I know yes it can. If you contact the guy he is prepared to

Alter things about for you he offered to alter heigt and everything for me

Are you selling the wooden tripod? Di wants it for her binoculars lol :lol:

(or does that go on top too hahaha)

No sorry I not selling tripod. And you are too late for loan

Someone else got in first , sorry

No sorry I not selling tripod. And you are too late for loan

Someone else got in first , sorry

Darn! I was a bit slow there.

Give us a heads up next time you're thinking of buying something special - I'll take your cast off's lol. Big congrats though - they're all buzzing about it but I've not yet seen any one else who's ordered a Lander.

Darn! I was a bit slow there.

Give us a heads up next time you're thinking of buying something special - I'll take your cast off's lol. Big congrats though - they're all buzzing about it but I've not yet seen any one else who's ordered a Lander.

nope i was the first one.  Apparently they have 2 more orders when i spoke to the designer bloke at Astrofest.  I am sure there will be

more. :)

OK other purchse at Astrofest was the Polaris Lander for the 130

Ive been looking at those with interest since they were announced, I shall be interested to see what they are like in the flesh, well done Sheila

Definitely looks like a fine piece of engineering inspired from the robotics industry..

Nice Well Done

Ade

Cooerrr.... this just arrived this morning: http://www.365astronomy.com/amici-prism-for-polarscope-p-3500.html

It's fabulous - the view is crystal clear - it can be focused on the fly - and it has two magnification levels so you can track the pole star very accurately on the line as the RA is rotated. Tad expensive - but my back, neck, and knees are very grateful they no longer have to contort under a tripod and strain to look up at a silly degrees.

A must have! :)

Cooerrr.... this just arrived this morning: http://www.365astronomy.com/amici-prism-for-polarscope-p-3500.html

It's fabulous - the view is crystal clear - it can be focused on the fly - and it has two magnification levels so you can track the pole star very accurately on the line as the RA is rotated. Tad expensive - but my back, neck, and knees are very grateful they no longer have to contort under a tripod and strain to look up at a silly degrees.

Nice one Kim.

I know exactly what do mean - I was out with the DOB until 2:30 am and what with the cold and contorting over the finder scope my back was playing up a tad, but still good fun.

Think I will have to go back to the Gym boring that it is or take up Yoga......

Ade

Thanks Ade - but what you're referring to is this: http://www.telescopehouse.com/acatalog/Orion_9x50_Right_Angle_Finder.html

The thing I just purchased above is specifically for the polar scope on equatorial mounts (you have a dob there don't forget). :)

@Rob - yeah - it's about time this hobby gave me a bit of payback for a change :lol:

@Rob - yeah - it's about time this hobby gave me a bit of payback for a change :lol:

Eah - I though you got commission from Baader?

:P;)

I have an extension tube that I used to use on the EQ6 and the problem was still the same even thought the polar scope is raised a little - it's still not really enough to reduce contortions unless the tripod legs are fully extended - then you need a ladder for the eyepiece (particularly with newtonians).

Plus I have a missus the size of Ronnie Corbet - so I have to take her into consideration too lol. :lol:

Then it sounds like you need a revolving circular stairway in a trench around your mount (suit you and the good lady!) - or one of the 90 things you have bought  :)

Thanks Ade - but what you're referring to is this: http://www.telescopehouse.com/acatalog/Orion_9x50_Right_Angle_Finder.html

The thing I just purchased above is specifically for the polar scope on equatorial mounts (you have a dob there don't forget). :)

Ah Yes.......   For Polaris Hunting through the axis of the EQ mount.....

Ta for the link...

Think I really need a new back..

Ade

You should have made one like mine Kim cost £30 :)

Posted Image

Posted Image