PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

"You should have made one like mine Kim cost £30"

Yes - I was gonna do that Felix - but coincidentally I saw the Pol-Ami in Sky@Night in the gear section the next day. It's got a couple more bells and whistles than the DIY job, so I just thought.... what the heck...... lol :)

"You should have made one like mine Kim cost £30"

Yes - I was gonna do that Felix - but coincidentally I saw the Pol-Ami in Sky@Night in the gear section the next day. It's got a couple more bells and whistles than the DIY job, so I just thought.... what the heck...... lol :)

It dies look nice :)

Guest Rock Doctor

Mount serviced and bearings replaced by graham (astrotech) mount now slews properly again and is much smoother. thanks graham service was excellent.

Bitten the bullet - Atik 314L+ Mono (used). Can't afford the filters so gonna wrap LRGB sweet wrappers round some milk bottle washers and stick 'em in a cheapo manual filter wheel lol. :lol:

Bitten the bullet - Atik 314L+ Mono (used). Can't afford the filters so gonna wrap LRGB sweet wrappers round some milk bottle washers and stick 'em in a cheapo manual filter wheel lol. :lol:

OMG! :D

L.O.L.

you don`t need a filter wheel Kim, just wrap the sweet wrappers round the nose piece,

saved you £60 there !

nice buy

Whoooo....    Move to the Dark Side?

Nice but out of my budget right now.

Ade

Nice one Kim

Woah there Kim, steady on mate, going ccd now eh? Nice camera though I had the mono and now have the colour, dead easy to use.

i still have filters and may part with them if you are keen on doing lrgb with your camera. Personally I found it too much of a faff, thats why I swapped

Guest Kheldar

Random bits

QHY heated T2 ring

QHY DC102 (variable voltage to QHY8 TEC)

Electric desiccant heater

Astronomik T2 IR cut filter

EQTooth

Holux M241A Bluetooth GPS Receiver

A Hitecastro USB EQ Direct interface cable. (new, don't need a serial adaptor!) from Modern Astronomy

and my Vixen Mini porta mount fro grab'n'go has arrived, well pleased!!

Cheers

Ron

A Hitecastro USB EQ Direct interface cable. (new, don't need a serial adaptor!) from Modern Astronomy

and my Vixen Mini porta mount fro grab'n'go has arrived, well pleased!!

Cheers

Ron

Dion's been doing those cables for a long time in the shedware section over on his site.

Not really looked there Felix, just noticed them up on M A site (yet to learn anything about EQMOD!!)  :)

Not really looked there Felix, just noticed them up on M A site (yet to learn anything about EQMOD!!) :)

Think its a similar price anyway Ron, just know that Dion's ones are extremely high quality (as are Bern's of course) for someone who is not a manufacturer by trade.

A few bits and bobs for the new camera: Baader 36mm unmounted LRGB Filters, Baader 36mm unmounted Ha/SII/OIII Filters, Starlight Xpress 7-position electronic Filter Wheel. :)

Lucky you, where from?

I emailed Martin at FLO and he sourced them from OVL who i also contacted-FLO just were easier payment wise. Have a read of the thread entitled disaster Tom i explain it in more detail in there :)