PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

There's a challenge! I will be taking some time out to watch all the helpful video's on their website sometime this weekend. Then I'll see how good my collimation is.

12 volt dc adapter for the canon 1000d from Astronomiser. Usb/rs232 serial adapter from Maplins.

Wait a minute put the dark glasses on your picture Stephen and Kim is the "Dark Lord" - he has fooled you all  :D

:o   :lol:

Got bored at work and finally got round to buy a ZWO ASI 120 mono camera, Yah !

Fingers crossed it'll be here before the clouds clear.

Absolutely over the moon with this: Televue 2 inch powermate x4 with T adapter, 2 inch extension and 3.5 inch extension tubes! All boxed in absolutely mint condition! Worth waiting for the right second hand deal :D

Glad you found one Felix. You've done well there....

I was unable to reach focus using my Powermate x2 / refractor when I tried some prime focus photography.

This despite having a 50mm extender on the focuser. Do you think the x4 will be even worse....?

Glad you found one Felix. You've done well there....

I was unable to reach focus using my Powermate x2 / refractor when I tried some prime focus photography.

This despite having a 50mm extender on the focuser. Do you think the x4 will be even worse....?

I think I shoudl be ok Rob as I have the low profile crayford focuser o my newt with a 50mm focuser draw tube then of course I have the 2 inch and 3.5 inch TV extension tubes and I also have a moonlite 1.5 inch extension too. Will make it work :)