PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Guest Tibbz2
Have a good look at M44, and tell me it's not stunning! :)

That's one of the first things on my list to peek at with them :D

Been meaning to try "The Great Courses" for a while. Don't know if these DVD courses of video lectures are any good, but will find out soon.

Got "Black Holes Explained" and "Joy of Thinking - The Beauty and Power of Classical Mathematical Ideas". :)

Snap Ron. Baader sky surfer V because I'm using the IV on my Mak and swapping it back and forth to my TS10" is a pain :)

Bright star flip mirror :) needed to speed up getting targets on the chip with the IMGOH and Mak180 :)

i find a flip mirror essential for planetary imaging, makes life so much easier  

A Baader Sky Surfer V RDF, thanks Sheila  :)

I was interested in buying one of these from FLO but was concerned that they would not be suitable for a big DOB as there didn't appear to be that high above the body of the scope with the standard fittings. Can understand them being just fine with shorter scopes such as a Mak where you can get your head behind the scope. 

Ade

A Telrad with at least a 2" riser is good with a Dob, but you do need a riser to be comfortable.

Agree with Martin, a Telrad with a 2" riser is spot on for a Dob!! (and cheaper!) :)

Guest Wayne
Just got myself the Yearbook of Astronomy, 2012 50th Anniversary Edition by Sir Patrick Moore. :D
my copy is a bit out of date...

50 years out of date to be precise. 1964 :-\ :-D

As my family were kind enough to buy me an Astrotrac tt320x-ag, Polar scope, Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared Head,  Manfrotto 496RC2 Ball Head, I took the excuse to order a few bits

> Astrotrac AT1 Aluminium Tripod - similar to EQ3 tripod. Not as light/portable as the Manfroto tripods, but portable enough for my needs and easily sturdy enough for the job.

> 3 x M3x10R thumb screws. For moding the Astrotrac polarscope.

Hubble 5-star Artificial Stars   Yeah it's a modified 'torch', but cheap enough to have a play with and seems to get some good reviews.

> Ronchi Eyepiece 10L/mm