PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Guest xanthic

Yes, I got mine direct too. Not cheap but they work well, it's more suited to a CDD and it saves all the hassle of making one.

Guest Cazz

Not strictly astro, but very closely related and continuing the recent theme - we now have a very QUIET mended van, she's just like new - well I guess that's how new would have felt. ;-)

That's definitely astro Cazz!

So is this: Ford Connect T220 LWB van: No more problems getting all the camping gear & scopes in the car!

Edited by DaveJW

Guest Cazz

So is this: Ford Connect T220 LWB van: No more problems getting all the camping gear & scopes in the car!

Well, we do need ours to carry the 10" upright - including the dew shield if we wanted. ;-)

We'll need that ems van section soon :-)

Guest devil74

Nothing to shout about;

Army bag for the tripod

Flight case...to be converted to a battery box

70ah battery

Hey, well done Dave, welcome to the van club, you will never want to go back to cars again :-)

Hey, well done Dave, welcome to the van club, you will never want to go back to cars again :-)

Yes I've wanted a van since I was a lad! May need to pick your brain on swivel seats & such Phil - when I've saved up some more dosh.

Sorry about the bad weather :blush:

HEQ5 Pro and 200p (for visual)

still to buy the ED80 and many other extras...

I wouldn't say that Damian :o

Don't really have a clue what I'm doing with wires on a telescope :D .

I wouldn't say that Damian :o

Don't really have a clue what I'm doing with wires on a telescope :D .

join the rest of us then :lol:

Astrovid Stellacam 3 Monochrome CCD Video Integrating Imaging System.

http://www.optcorp.com/astrovid-stellacam3-monochrome-ccd-video-integrating-imaging-system.html

Nice one Peter, I really like my Mintron as and when I get a chance to use it. Don't worry with video there shouldn't be as many wires as with long exposure imaging. My Mintron just has power and video.

OBTW that really does look like a rebadged Watec, are they the same?

2" 80A filter for trial purposes before committing to a set.

Well done Damian, I was viewing Mars last night with my set and the #80 was revealing a heck of a lot of detail, the Yellow was particularly useful last night on Mars as well.

Cheers Phil.

Yes, I think it is a Watec 120N+ under a different name.

Guest devil74

Nice one Peter, I really like my Mintron as and when I get a chance to use it. Don't worry with video there shouldn't be as many wires as with long exposure imaging. My Mintron just has power and video.

OBTW that really does look like a rebadged Watec, are they the same?

Well done Damian, I was viewing Mars last night with my set and the #80 was revealing a heck of a lot of detail, the Yellow was particularly useful last night on Mars as well.

Yes been toying with the idea for a while now...went for the 2" so I can use them in the 2" extension tube, save me messing about changing them. 

Hopefully by the time I've got my head round this new mount Jupiter will be back on show again and I can give the filters a proper workout.

Guest StevenWhatley

TS Optics Star Diagonal 2" for SCT with compression ring adapter for 1.25"

Revelation Astro Superview 42mm 2" eyepiece