PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Guest StevenWhatley

Telrad on a 2" riser & Dew Heater (thanks to Devil74)

Illuminated 12.5mm plossl cross hair EP (Thanks Nigel @ Northern Optics)

Celestron Neximage Camera (for guide camera usage)

Just need some clear skies now !!  

Guest stash

Telrad on a 2" riser & Dew Heater (thanks to Devil74)

Illuminated 12.5mm plossl cross hair EP (Thanks Nigel @ Northern Optics)

Celestron Neximage Camera (for guide camera usage)

Just need some clear skies now !!  

Steven ,Stop buying stuff - its your fault its raining-  at this rate it will be Dec 2015 before we get some more clear skies - well actually Fri looks ok - :D  

Just taken delivery of this :)

hunyruzu.jpg

Absolute bargain off a lovely forum user over on SGL/Astronomy Shed called Gedan :)

Nice one Felix - how on Earth did I miss that one? lol. :)

Been on ABS for 3 months. Emailed him Monday asking "long shot, is it still available?" And got a yes :) New in box and everything-very happy :)

He's Just a few miles from me Felix, Gordon was at my obsy last weekend :)

Yeah I saw your exchange on astronomy shed Tom and figured you guys weren't far from each other :)

In order to improve and  W I D E N  my eyepiece collection, and after drooling over them for a year, I just had to get these...

Explore Scientific 25mm 100 degree and 9mm 120 degree eyepieces. :)

I'm absolutely certain that Amanda will be as thrilled as I am, and will thoroughly appreciate the incredible value for money of this latest little purchase.

After all, I'm no longer sleeping in the garage with the new dob. :thumbsup:

Will just have to pick my time to surprise her with them. :love:

Thought it wise to have a quiet weekend at home instead of going to the IAS candy store. Wouldn't want to push my luck! :chin_scratch2:

Guest stash

In order to improve and  W I D E N  my eyepiece collection, and after drooling over them for a year, I just had to get these...

Explore Scientific 25mm 100 degree and 9mm 120 degree eyepieces. :)

I'm absolutely certain that Amanda will be as thrilled as I am, and will thoroughly appreciate the incredible value for money of this latest little purchase.

After all, I'm no longer sleeping in the garage with the new dob. :thumbsup:

Will just have to pick my time to surprise her with them. :love:

Thought it wise to have a quiet weekend at home instead of going to the IAS candy store. Wouldn't want to push my luck! :chin_scratch2:

Maybe we should rename  EMS to SPS - AKA "The Self Preservation Society" AKA "The Italian Job" -  thats was all about planning money capers  :D.

Plus you might be moving back in with the Dob  :lol:

Guest Cazz

Very nice, you'll have to buy yourself a campervan to move into, but looking at your username - that's off the cards for a bit lol. :-)

Wow......Pete.......am i reading that right ? 

An ES 25mm 100, AND a 9mm 120 ?     

That's right Rob.

They will nicely cap the top and bottom end of my eyepiece range.

Over two and a half kilograms worth :D .

They should be pretty good in the 14".

Rob, you really need a couple of 9mm 120s for the binoviewer ;) .

Special summer discount at Agena, California.

(Hope you don't mind me asking) Did you ship them over from California ?

Was it straightforward ? The weak dollar makes this an attractive proposition...... :blink:

No good for the bino by the way lol..... 1.25" only territory.

That 9mm is a bit of a monster.....you may need a beefier focuser or a counterweight system.

Just don't drop it !!!

Really looking forward to a first light report with this setup.... :) The views will be amazing i'm sure....

Yes, they landed in the UK today from California and you can track it all the way.

Dead simple, just click to put them in your basket, enter your shipping address and it will calculate and add on the shipping costs and then you enter your card details and confirm! As easy as dealing with a dealer in the UK.

However, you need to then calculate the VAT at 20% on the whole bill (obviously converted from USD to GBP) and then add another 4.2% of the total to cover customs duty. Expect a minimal handling fee in the UK from £10 to £20 and reserve this whole amount to pay the UK part of the bill later. So you can work it all out in advance.

I placed my order online last Friday evening 30th May.

My focuser is beefy and will cope. The dob has altitude tension adjustment which, and I have checked, will compensate for the weight of both the big ep and the big finder. but a counterweight might also help.

This is the first time I have purchased from the US, but I suspect, if it is anything like my dealings with TS in Germany, the exchange rate actually charged will not be quite as favourable as google suggest on the day. But not far out.

Atik 314L+ Mono

Nice! IAS was good today wasn't it :)

great day, sorry didn`t catch up with you Felix.

weather turned out nice in the end

No worries rob :) my dad and I got a fantastic view through an unbelievably expensive king solar scope. It was amazing. My Dad wanted to buy one based on the view until I told him it was circa £5,000!

No worries rob :) my dad and I got a fantastic view through an unbelievably expensive king solar scope. It was amazing. My Dad wanted to buy one based on the view until I told him it was circa £5,000!

a cheap one then

did they not have the 10k one on demo

a cheap one then

did they not have the 10k one on demo

Oh yes, they did indeed! :)

va9ysu5e.jpg