PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Had a great afternoon down at the IAS.

Both Nik & Petes talks were excellent. Bit hot and bright in the 'tent' though. They need to sort that out.

Loved the free space in there to roam about....no claustrophobic feel like at Astrofest.

A great range of gear to drool over......I was like a big kid in a toy shop!

Highlights for me were Ian Kings shed observatory (I'd love one) and seeing a Mk v Bino for the first time.

Then I was treated to my first look through a range of HA solar scopes set up outside. I'll do a post about them in the observing section.

A fabulous show, and will be defiantly be making it a yearly visit. A big thumbs up from me !!

Purchases.......got my first Telrad reflex finder.........oh.....and a 21mm Ethos.

Purchases.......got my first Telrad reflex finder.........oh.....and a 21mm Ethos.

Sounds like a great day out Rob.

Bet you had a grin on your face bringing the big Ethos home. Very nice :)

Guest CodnorPaul

Nothing extravagant for me despite all the temptation at IAS - Binoviewers and tripod for my bins, and reticule EP for alignment.

Good day at IAS though - some lovely kit coming out with some monster dobs, a lot of solar scopes, and BIG mounts

Which bino-viewers did you buy Paul, I couldn't make my mind up and really need to try a set at a meeting I think?

Ron

Guest CodnorPaul

WO ones Ron - FLO have got 10% off this weekend so thought I'd give them a whirl.  I tried Ibbo's before and got mixed results but I think they just take getting used to, and I like the idea of not having to keep one eye closed/blacked out with my hand when looking at planets.

OK, thanks Paul. let me know how you get on with them please?  :)

HitecAstro FocusMaster with stepper motor for the GT81 from IAS :)

Hail fellow member Felix :-)

Is there a secret handshake Phil? :D

Nice one Ade - keep it regularly charged and it'll last a lifetime - I've had mine 5yrs and it's still going strong. During periods of none use it's best to give it a full 16hr charge every 3mths. Plus I give mine 8hrs charge after every session (however long) in order to keep it topped up. :)

I didn't see you there Nick, what time were you there?

Sorry Phil should have said I was there Saturday.

Guest Tweedledum

Pete should add ;-

RJ11 to RS232 mod cable

3 RJ11 to RJ11 4p 4c cables

USB to RS232 converter

Happauge video grabber

Pete should add ;-

RJ11 to RS232 mod cable

3 RJ11 to RJ11 4p 4c cables

USB to RS232 converter

Happauge video grabber

You starting a business Damian? ;)

TRF2008 flatener/reducer (at long last - they're like hens teeth) and an Astro Fix locator. :)

Edited by Brantuk

Never done this but what the hell

WO GT81 with flatter and reducer and  carry case

Atik 314L

Atik EFW2 Filter wheel with LRGB absorptive filters 1,25"