PM Tuckstar if you want an invite to the WhatsApp group before the EMS website closes. ×
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

They don't normally allow dogs on the blue field Cazz - red field only, you may want to check

Dash and flip, the website says the same thing :( I'll ring tomorrow just in case.

Dash and flip, the website says the same thing :( I'll ring tomorrow just in case.

i think its the yellow field that has dogs as its not completely given over to astro??  but not sure

i think its the yellow field that has dogs as its not completely given over to astro?? but not sure

Thanks Sheila, I'll see what they say and report back. 2 years ago when we last went, we had our old - old dog, we were right at the bottom of a field, I assume the blue, but I'm not 100% sure. My poor little brain lol.

yes you were but i suspect the warden did not notice as your dog was quite old and quiet. :)  I have looked at the website and

it does say no dogs.  Must have something to do with where the dog walk areas are i suspect.  they want to keep everywhere 

clean i expect.  some dog owners are not very tidy :wacko:   know Ibbo does not go cos they said he could not take his dogs

Sheila

yes you were but i suspect the warden did not notice as your dog was quite old and quiet. :) I have looked at the website and

it does say no dogs. Must have something to do with where the dog walk areas are i suspect. they want to keep everywhere

clean i expect. some dog owners are not very tidy :wacko: know Ibbo does not go cos they said he could not take his dogs

Sheila

That must have been the reason, and not many people walk round with a dog in a pushchair, he just blended in as a child. :ph34r::wub: The highly strung Elroy will not blend in!!!

It's a shame the minority ruin things for the 'clean' dog owners. Oh well, that's how it goes I suppose, now for a plan B :wacko:

A 1 step stool.

(so those who are height challenged can have a look through my scope if they so wish............)

Mentioning no names, cough, Sheila........

Yep, the website is correct, dogs aren't allowed on the blue field and the red field is fully booked, so we're now not actually going, nightmare!

Caz. Have spoken to kelling. You can take Astro dog :)

See you there

Yep, I rang them this morning and explained the pitch is amongst people we know, and that he's only a little dog, but they still told me no. :wacko:

i think its the yellow field that has dogs as its not completely given over to astro??  but not sure

The yellow field was all astro last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Tele Vue 2 x 2" Power Mate, you know, one of the cheap American £50 ones......   ;)

Yeh it looked like a cheap imitation :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Fujifilm  XF 55-200mm  F / 3.5 - 4.8 R LM OIS zoom lens.

Been after one for a while, but didn't want to pay Fujifilms inflated prices.

Really pleased with this, thanks to eBay (not a grey import) and it's mint. Saved me over £150 on a new one  :)

Hopefully be using it soon for some basic astro on my Astrotrac...

15348676758_bd0a646637_c.jpgIMG_3305 by rob.0919, on Flickr

Lunt 2" Herschel Wedge

Two more pairs of Meade 10 x 50 Bino's

A shed load of red torches

About to bust the budget with a Lunt 2" Calcium K Wedge.

It's all about the Sun for us at the minute. Once this little lot turns up we will then concentrate on Planetary cameras and more EP's. And perhaps a few more filters......

Our aim at the minute is to get our Solar System observing and imaging bang up to date and towards the top end of what you might expect before we look at getting more towards deep sky and fully automated remote operation.

• 2 weeks later...

XCSOURCE® Multi Power Battery Hand Grip for Canon EOS 450D 500D 1000D + 2 Batteries LF576

It houses 2 canon batteries and an empty space in the camera, I'm hoping it will stay cooler and last twice as long! :-)

15456585519_7164f9eb7f.jpgbattery holder by ronclarke777@btinternet.com, on Flickr

Edited by Ron Clarke

Guest fondofchips

Just about completed my setup now, WO UWAN 4, 7, 16mm & Nirvana 28mm eyepieces & Nagler 2-4mm zoom eyepiece bought as a job lot.  Very impressed with the Nirvana 28mm, have done a first light report in the eyepiece section. 

Hitecastro Dew controller & 200mm heater band from FLO & 2 x 2" heater bands off Ebay for the focuser & finderscope.  Now I can also use the secondary mirror heater that was fitted to the 200P when I bought it.  Looking forward to dew free sessions.

Pictures here: -  http://stargazerslounge.com/gallery/image/24667-dew-control-200p/

Cheers,

Harry.

Edited by fondofchips

I knew Kelling 2014 would end up costing me a lot of money.

All those nice NEQ6's I saw there set me off on a spending spree.

Was going to get a HEQ5 but the wife said I should buy the one I really wanted so got the 6 :)

Had to buy her a new bag though to keep her happy. :)

NEQ6.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Canon 50mm F1.8 prime lens, the nifty fifty. Going to try some widefields, tried them with my sigma zoom but not brill so hopefully the nifty will be better.

Edited by philjay

• 2 weeks later...